• ...and so much more!
  • rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Nothing to exotic but I'm liking it. The stock took some work and I may go over it one more time. I adjusted the angle of the rear while I was finishing the stock. This thing feels pretty good and fits up to my face nicely. I can't wait to shoot it.
    18" E. R. Shaw Barrel
    Power Custom Competition Hammer
    AR-15 Grip Pistol Israeli MFG
    AR-15/M16 4 position Stock
    Barska Huntmaster Pro 3 - 12x50 mm IR (I have one of these on another 10/22 and it's worked great)
    English Walnut stock from Macon Gunstocks
    New1022pic.jpg

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Nice looking rifle. Really like the mix of the English walnut with the AR parts. Whe you get a chance to shoot it you will have to post a report on here. Interested in how well that ER Shaw barrel shoots. Came close to buying one for my last build, but went with a Green MT, might use one for my next one. Once you start playing with these 10/22s its hard to stop.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Now that is a beautiful rifle! How did you get the idea to combine the two looks?

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Thank you. The picture doesn't really show the grain very well.

I've been thinking about a combination new style/wood gun for a couple of years, I finally found the stock from Macon Gunstocks, it was a bit rough in places but not too bad and I played around with the rear/buttstock angle until it felt right for me (it was pointed down hill where I would have needed a large cheek weld with a scope).
    New10224.jpg

1022PieceParts.jpg

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    FYI: I got out to the range for a few minutes with it today. I didn't have much time and it was smokin' hot. I didn't have a full bench rest with me but I did have a front rest. I was really more worried about sighting it in and breaking in the barrel BUT to get to the point, @ 50 yrds I made about ten 5 shot groups I could cover with a quarter and 3 - 4 groups (when I buckled down and I could see through the sweat) at 1/2"

So I think I'm going to be happy with the build. It looks good to me and probably shoots better than I can. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom