My clunker '72 Blackwidow HF1225

o52h1z6.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The old Tradtech Pinnacle 2 with slimmed riser.
    Medium wood/glass limbs. Bought it back, proly 5 yrs old...........had same string on it.
    Ordering a new one from Hoppybeer on Ebay, B50 (even though FF rated limbs).
    Then posting it for sale. Not gonna order shorts (already have a 60" bow, my HF1225).
    Can't stand a 62"

sa3ZwJj.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Got the Golden Eagle done, 1986 vintage. Refinished the riser, popped half rounds/pockets (just pin locators in limbs) and lubed them up.
    Draws smooth and quiet.

Unfortunately it has the stock upper cable guard.......which kinda bothers me.
    Too nice to bowfish.

Have to make a lower guard or send it on its way :(

TKGo5zF.jpg
    [/IMG]

lovetheoutdoors

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    Columbus
    Anyone buy any new bows this year? If so what did you get and how much roughly was the cost?? Does anyone have any of the Easton Injection arrows? How are these things holding up?:ingo:

Last edited:

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I am waiting on my new Limbsaver Proton 300x. It is for 3D. I won't get it soon enough for the first ASA shoot in Foley, AL. I should have it ready for the Ft. Benning shoot though. I hunt with the 32" version. Incredible shooting bows. Not for sure what they sell for, but they come set up with their sight, drop away rest, and other extras.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    2017 PSE Infinity in Mossy Oak.
    Picked it up last Friday.
    Haven't shot it yet.....need to order a Fletchunter shorty.
    Ditched the WB and slapped a Bodoodle Zapper 400 on it.
    If I don't like that, will go QAD.
    Yanked 2 of the pins off the factory sight, if I don't like that.............go HHA mover.
    Stabilizer............dunno, if that sucks then K tech 5".

It's just a backup rig in case I can't hunt with my recurve.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Borkholder Archery in Milford, IN had their Super Saturday sale yesterday. I got my 7yr old a new Bowtech SB-1 in camo. It came with a free soft case and they threw in a nice release. Bowtech/Diamond archery rep there, John was super friendly and did a nice job sitting up the bow and giving my son some great pointers.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I have a limbdriver rest and a HHA slider on my Hoyt. I slide it to 25 yards when I am hunting. Makes me an inch or two high 20 and an inch or two low at 30. Going back to using Easton FMJ's.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I lived down the road from there for a few years! Lived on a Dairy Farm. If you know where the conservation club is you know where I used to live. I miss living on that farm. Great Family and helped us a lot while we were there.

Big Rigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Anybody ever heard of making bows out of pvc pipe? I have made a few and they are a little on the light weight side, but i think you can get them up into the 70 lb range. I found the idea on youtube from a user named backyardbowyer. He makes all kinds of them and several others things also. Pretty simple and fun to mess around with. You can really shape pvc into any contortion after it's been heated.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Anyone know a bow shop with knowledgeable people I can get to replace the cables and string on my Wicked Ridge crossbow? I won`t deal with the Outdoorsman.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Looking for some advice/guidance. I know pretty much zero about bows. I have decided that I want to extend my deer season past the two weeks I can use my shotgun. I went by my local shop. He was very helpful but I would like to get your opinions as well. I am not very strong so he suggested something in the 50# draw weight range or a crossbow. Early in the season I will be in a tree stand looking over a gap between woods and corn/bean fields. Once they harvest the fields I will likely be in a ground blind in the middle of the field. Looking to be all in for no more than about $800.

His suggestions. PSE Brute Force lite, Hoyt Powermax or a Mission Archery Sniper Lite crossbow.

Anything else I should be looking at? I have done some looking online but I honestly don't really understand all the specs i'm looking at. He (Crossroads Archery in Judah) carries PSE, Hoyt, Mission, Elite, and Mathews.

Thanks in advance for your help.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Looking for some advice/guidance. I know pretty much zero about bows. I have decided that I want to extend my deer season past the two weeks I can use my shotgun. I went by my local shop. He was very helpful but I would like to get your opinions as well. I am not very strong so he suggested something in the 50# draw weight range or a crossbow. Early in the season I will be in a tree stand looking over a gap between woods and corn/bean fields. Once they harvest the fields I will likely be in a ground blind in the middle of the field. Looking to be all in for no more than about $800.

His suggestions. PSE Brute Force lite, Hoyt Powermax or a Mission Archery Sniper Lite crossbow.

Anything else I should be looking at? I have done some looking online but I honestly don't really understand all the specs i'm looking at. He (Crossroads Archery in Judah) carries PSE, Hoyt, Mission, Elite, and Mathews.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You can get the Wicked Ridge Invader, which comes as a complete package, for around $650, or so. I shot a PSE, then an AR compound bow until my vision got too bad. Now I hunt with the Wicked Ridge Invader crossbow. The low magnification scope helps aging eyes, it`s rated about 330 fps., and Wicked Ridge is a subsidiary of 10-point crossbows, which are very high-end crossbows. Wicked Ridge, in the mind of many, is the best crossbow for the money.

Top Bottom