• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    "no digital communication is secure", by which means not that any communication is susceptible to government interception as it happens (although that is true), but far beyond that: all digital communications - meaning telephone calls, emails, online chats and the like - are automatically recorded and stored and accessible to the government after the fact. To describe that is to define what a ubiquitous, limitless Surveillance State is.

Are all telephone calls recorded and accessible to the US government? | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing based on the times we live in? And what about the future when things change? :dunno:

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    We all lost all of our privacy via the so-called Patriot Act, in the wake of 9/11, when everyone was too afraid to complain. Apparently, to be a 'patriot', you have to let the government know everything you do or say.

That and the Dept of Homeland Security are among the biggest travesties to ever befall the country ..

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is why I like to say the words "bomb" "explosive" "air port" "jihad" and "mass casualty" at random and whenever possible on the internet. Give them something to filter through.

shooting, revolution, assassination, anfo, nuclear

You fellows in Washington reading this yet?

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Frontline did a pretty good show on this.
    Basically, the feds put a splitter on the main trunks in the data centers.
    Everything is recorded, but humans only look at the data when the computer spots something.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    “If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself.”
    :whistle:

telescreen-2hhq46i.jpg

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    A few years ago I was talking via IM to a friend in FL. We were talking getting ready to play an online game called Rogue States. It's a RTS based on modern military units.
    Anyway I told him to hurry up and get it started because I really wanted to nuke his sorry tail. The instant I hit send, my whole pc locked up. I had to restart my pc.
    When I finally got back on he apologized for leaving because his pc locked up and needed to be restarted. We both kind of WTF... I haven't been comfortable talking online or on the phone since. It was extremely odd, and I'm not a tinfoil hat guy, but I knew someone was watching...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A few years ago I was talking via IM to a friend in FL. We were talking getting ready to play an online game called Rogue States. It's a RTS based on modern military units.
    Anyway I told him to hurry up and get it started because I really wanted to nuke his sorry tail. The instant I hit send, my whole pc locked up. I had to restart my pc.
    When I finally got back on he apologized for leaving because his pc locked up and needed to be restarted. We both kind of WTF... I haven't been comfortable talking online or on the phone since. It was extremely odd, and I'm not a tinfoil hat guy, but I knew someone was watching...

I wouldn't worry about it, it's probably noth

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've been telling people this for years and some would laugh. If you think the constitution is in effect when it comes to the federal govt, it is an illusion. Freedom and privacy is gone.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You all need some time in a re-education camp to get your minds right. Big Brother is our friend. Ignorance is strength. BO is the greatest president ever. Oops, mighta laid it on a little too thick with that last bit. Even those listening in don't believe that.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This would only be a constitutional issue of the phone companies didn't voluntarily comply. Look in your contract and you'll probably find that your carrier asserts ownership of the signals you broadcast on their equipment.

The failed patriot act II had some provisions to indemnify the phone companies from legal issues if I recall correctly, but I don't think it matters. You sign the contract, and they choose to play ball with uncle sam.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    This would only be a constitutional issue of the phone companies didn't voluntarily comply. Look in your contract and you'll probably find that your carrier asserts ownership of the signals you broadcast on their equipment.

The failed patriot act II had some provisions to indemnify the phone companies from legal issues if I recall correctly, but I don't think it matters. You sign the contract, and they choose to play ball with uncle sam.

I see what you are saying, but its still a constitutional problem. Just because a piece of paper says otherwise dont mean s**t. So if they ban guns and its on a piece of paper its no longer a constitutional problem? Yes, we sign the contract, but thats because most dont want to be without phones etc. Dont mean its right or constitutional to invade privacy of others.

Top Bottom