• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    So ACW only made 25 of these Pachmayr Custom Combat tribute 1911's. They are absolutely beautiful IMHO.
    9 of them were sold earlier in the year, and the other 16 will be available at 5pm EST today (8/4/23) on their website.
    https://alchemy1911.com/product/combat-limited/

1691164804375.png

I would love to have one but they are a bit out of my price range right now.
    Does anyone own an Alchemy 1911? I would love to see if you do.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    That is indeed a beautiful 1911! Just curious, what do they cost! Yes I know; if you have to ask you can’t afford one. Buy hey, why not? :spend:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have handled several of their pistols and all were very well fit and made pistols. Very nice people to talk with at NRAAM, I don't have one but eventually I will get one of their Quantico models for my collection.

These are especially cool pistols as IMHO the Packmyer Custom was the first real practical custom 1911, before that most smiths were using accu-rails and running the guns so tight they barley functioned with "snake bite" front straps. They were customized target guns, Pachmeyer changed the game with a "combat" style of 1911 that is so popular today.

For the knife nerds it's the equivalent of when Ernest Emerson made the first "tactical" folding knives, we went from basic buck knives to modern pocket clip having knives that you can open with one hand.

I will quit ranting now, but if you are an 1911 collector this is a very cool piece.

Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    My wife gave me permission to buy one if I could get one.
    I was running errands on Friday and did not get home till 5:10 when I went to the website to see if there were any left.

SOLD OUT
    Missed my chance.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I'm sure they are nice, but any reputable pistolsmith can create this without the $5K pricetag. I don't see Rob Schauland as listed being in, or winning.

American Pistolsmiths Guild Pistolsmith-of-the-Year

I'm not saying he's not competent, or anyone else not listed, just that such a thing exists and I've had work done by someone who was in and did.

This reeks of the, "It's limited therefore it's good and the pricing is justified."

I've had work done by Neil Keller (2003), now retired, where he tuned/turned a factory Colt into an absolutely amazing piece for far less. I saw the photos of the 1911 he built for President Bush (43). I asked him, in his opinion, what is the most important thing for accuracy in the 1911? He said it was 85% barrel/bushing fit. The next 10% were lockup and the last 5% was slide/frame fit.

Personally I'd buy a factory Springfield/Colt and have it sent off to have work done.

:twocents: YMMV

Last edited:

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I'm sure they are nice, but any reputable pistolsmith can create this without the $5K pricetag. I don't see Rob Schauland as listed being in, or winning.

American Pistolsmiths Guild Pistolsmith-of-the-Year

I'm not saying he's not competent, or anyone else not listed, just that such a thing exists and I've had work done by someone who was in and did.

This reeks of the, "It's limited therefore it's good and the pricing is justified."

I've had work done by Neil Keller (2003), now retired, where he tuned/turned a factory Colt into an absolutely amazing piece for far less. I saw the photos of the 1911 he built for President Bush (43). I asked him, in his opinion, what is the most important thing for accuracy in the 1911? He said it was 85% barrel/bushing fit. The next 10% were lockup and the last 5% was slide/frame fit.

Personally I'd buy a factory Springfield/Colt and have it sent off to have work done.

:twocents: YMMV

The fact that Greg Derr is on this list makes it a totally irrelevant one. Chuck Rogers and Ned Christiansen are not even in the guild.

I know a bunch of the guys who are, and it’s a nice “club” to be in. That said, I put 0 stock in it.

Top Bottom