• ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Pat Boone's version of "Blueberry Hill" out sold Fats Domino's version....Here

Just listened to both--The Pat B's version wants me to "Pass Gas" + take a nap.

Fats D's version wants me to get up + dance + have a good time...Bill.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Example. On a $72.00 bill, 10% is $7.20, so double that to $14.40, then round up (always up, never down) to $15.00. It's a good tip, but not extravagant like a desperate horndog looking for something after the shift.

Need to know more. Instructions, please.

Or, again having nothing to do with race, maybe the cabbie recognized Roker from TV and didn't want to soil his cab by having a smarmy, ass-kissing douche bag in his car.

My first thought when this topic started was that it was possible that the cabbie probably didn't recognize him until he got close, then pulled away because he didn't like Al Roker.

I also think that if profiling by perceived race or ethnicity occured, it's just as possible it was based on risk assessment as tipping expectations.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    funny, that's basically how I do it. Everyone seems happy with the transactions for the most part.

For all you little leaguers out there, here is HoughMade's, never get your food spit in tip calculator- it's based on the principle of 20% and round up.

Example. On a $72.00 bill, 10% is $7.20, so double that to $14.40, then round up (always up, never down) to $15.00. It's a good tip, but not extravagant like a desperate horndog looking for something after the shift.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I've always heard that professionals, especially professional women, are the worst tippers, and those who are "less fortunate" tip pretty well, probably because poor people know what it's like.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I've always heard that professionals, especially professional women, are the worst tippers, and those who are "less fortunate" tip pretty well, probably because poor people know what it's like.

I would agree with that, my birth mother waited tables in her youth, ended up being one of those women that would sell 20 mill a year in real estate.
    She is a horrible tipper, she has long forgotten her humble Riply, Miss. Upbringing. Also all the other women agents she worked with are the same.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

That suggests I should be a much, much better tipper.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay, serious question. Who tips hotter members of the opposite sex more than other people?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'll usually go 15-20%, a few zorkmids more if they've cheerfully gone out of their way, which they often do with our food allergy problems. If they're surly, unavailable, slow, whatever, I don't figure they're doing their job for me (it's the "hospitality" industry after all) and they'd better ship up or shape out. I've been given to understand a penny face down is the code for "you sucked".

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    And those of us in that demographic often receive comparable service based on that assumption. It occurs, at least for me, so often, that I don't eat at middling restaurants. And when I tip it's always in the 25-30% range.
    You sir, are a rarity! Some restaurant servers actually tip the host/hostess to NOT seat them with a particular demographic, leaving that demo to the new guy/girl to take care of! Is it right, probably not, but it is opinion based strongly on personal history/experience.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are we talking stripper tipping or are we still on waitress tipping????

Tipping the hotter strippers more is always a universal practice. Even midget strippers.

I'm talking about regular occupations, like waitress.

Top Bottom