• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Hey y'all,

Next thing to trouble shoot on my AK is the piston. I've shot about 3-400 rds through it all summer and now I go the range after changing the stock and trigger and it is failing to eject some casings. This only happens when I use the Magpul mags, only once per mag. However my piston is also loose and can't figure out how to tighten it? Any suggestions? It is a WASR. Suggestions should not include buying a better rifle ;).

Other than these few FTE the rifle functions great is is spot on. What say you :ingo:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The gas piston on an AK variant is supposed to be loose on the carrier. The correct way to install it is to turn it on until it starts to snug up, then back it off one half to three quarters a turn, then pin in place. Usually the pin is tack welded in place and the weld smoothed over to make it look good making it hard to see.

Sound more like a mag issue as the piston is one of the rare ones from Century that is actually installed correctly.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    This only happens when I use the Magpul mags

Put a surplus steel mag in there. Do you have the same problem? If not, stop using plastic magazines. Unless it has metal feed lips and lug (I don't think the Magpul magzines do) then they aren't worth putting in an AK.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Put a surplus steel mag in there. Do you have the same problem? If not, stop using plastic magazines. Unless it has metal feed lips and lug (I don't think the Magpul magzines do) then they aren't worth putting in an AK.
    ^ this!

i have some magpul ak mags. They're just like a tapco in my opinion. Magpul didn't make them with metal feed lips or lug and so they're just range mags in my opinion. US palm makes polymer mags that have the metal in them. Good mags! Last forever

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    I ran my 2 tapco's (never liked them), however they work just fine. All of my metal surplus ones work just fine as well. I was thinking it could have just been the magpul mags and guess I was right. Thanks for the info

Top Bottom