• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Excellent!

I just buzzed a Happy Birthday email to my dad, step dad, and a brother in law.

Thanks for the info.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Don't know why they felt like they had to "update" the logo...it's too Star Trekkish now! lol
    (I'm allowed to be partial... four Air Force in my family - including I married it!)
    Here's a little throwback;
    1957 New Song Salutes Air Force Blue - YouTube

And my personal favorite tribute on one of my plinkers; :)

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2597-Copy2.jpg

I will wear my Air Force Blue today! :)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Happy Brithday Youngsters!

To the youngsters on the block, Happy 65th Birthday to the Active Duty Personnel and Veterans of the United States Air Force.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As a former USAF troop I appreciate the B Day wishes but must point out one criticisim I have of my own military branch. It's 65 years untouched by tradition. In fact that happens so much even the nice commemrative AF T shirts have Harrier Jump jets on them which is a USMC aircraft.:dunno:

AirForceShirt.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    As a former USAF troop I appreciate the B Day wishes but must point out one criticisim I have of my own military branch. It's 65 years untouched by tradition. In fact that happens so much even the nice commemrative AF T shirts have Harrier Jump jets on them which is a USMC aircraft.:dunno:

You know it baby. Not only are we the first in, we are everywhere!

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville

AirForceShirt.jpg

I noticed this also. That Harrier probably had to take gas from an airborne Air Force tanker though. So I guess that is plus for the Air Force.

All kidding aside, Happy Birthday to those in blue.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    "................ That Harrier probably had to take gas from an airborne Air Force tanker though. So I guess that is plus for the Air Force."

Sorry boys and girls. AF and Navy/Marine Corps aircraft use COMPLETELY different refueling methods that are NOT compatable. There is NO WAY a USMC aircraft took fuel from an AF tanker.

Navy/Marine Corps aircraft have refueling probes that stick out from the aircraft and plug into a line hanging from the aircraft. The pilot essentially has to fly the probe into the fuel line.

Air Force aircraft have refueling ports that require an onboard "refueler" to steer a probe into the port on the aircraft.

That Marine Harrier took fuel from a KC-135 driven by a Marine pilot for any refueling he may have needed.

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville
    "................ That Harrier probably had to take gas from an airborne Air Force tanker though. So I guess that is plus for the Air Force."

Sorry boys and girls. AF and Navy/Marine Corps aircraft use COMPLETELY different refueling methods that are NOT compatable. There is NO WAY a USMC aircraft took fuel from an AF tanker.

Navy/Marine Corps aircraft have refueling probes that stick out from the aircraft and plug into a line hanging from the aircraft. The pilot essentially has to fly the probe into the fuel line.

Air Force aircraft have refueling ports that require an onboard "refueler" to steer a probe into the port on the aircraft.

That Marine Harrier took fuel from a KC-135 driven by a Marine pilot for any refueling he may have needed.

Sorry you are incorrect. Marines do not fly KC-135's, Air Force only.

Yes Air Force and Marine planes refuel differently. However KC-10's are configured to fuel both planes. KC-135's can be configured prior to takeoff to fuel Marine aircraft. I have taken gas from both.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sorry you are incorrect. Marines do not fly KC-135's, Air Force only.

Yes Air Force and Marine planes refuel differently. However KC-10's are configured to fuel both planes. KC-135's can be configured prior to takeoff to fuel Marine aircraft. I have taken gas from both.

2nd this statement!

Top Bottom