• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That part underlined in red does not seem true.

ETA: Just now got the point.....

LOL!

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It’s crazy that so many people still think of him. Nothing against the guy, just makes me think he got the last laugh.
    Wasn't really thinking about him. Just scrolling through the INGO classic threads out of boredom, and happened to see this post. Then saw that he last tried to check in on Monday. Made me chuckle. Don't know if he's laughing or not. Prolly not, though.

:)

I got a horrible case of food poisoning back in 1989 from a Hardee's in Clarksville, TN. I mean, "Take me to the ER now" bad. I don't think about it, but I am sometimes reminded when I go past a Hardee's. It's kinda like that.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wasn't really thinking about him. Just scrolling through the INGO classic threads out of boredom, and happened to see this post. Then saw that he last tried to check in on Monday. Made me chuckle. Don't know if he's laughing or not. Prolly not, though.

:)

I got a horrible case of food poisoning back in 1989 from a Hardee's in Clarksville, TN. I mean, "Take me to the ER now" bad. I don't think about it, but I am sometimes reminded when I go past a Hardee's. It's kinda like that.
    Sonic in Cleveland TN got me, lost 21 pounds in one week and ended up in ER as well. Good times!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Long John Silvers in Plymouth got me back in ‘97. Lasted about 3 weeks. Back then I didn’t have a lot extra to lose either. Haven’t eaten LJS since then.
    I think that is all of them. I LOOOOOOVE LJS. LOOOOOOVE. But every time I eat it, I feel like absolute crap the rest of the day. Its hard not to stop there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if you could start a business selling tapeworms as a means of weight loss. The benefits of food poisoning without the heaving bit...
    My brother in law jokes "You know how people get cancer and get really skinny? I just want a LITTLE cancer. You know, enough to lose 40 lbs or so." :):

And on a related note, people with allergies I think are going overseas to purposefully get infected with a certain type of roundworm. It does something to their immune system and ends the allergies. And the worms themselves are easy to get rid of. (and the allergies dont come back)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Long John Silvers in Plymouth got me back in ‘97. Lasted about 3 weeks. Back then I didn’t have a lot extra to lose either. Haven’t eaten LJS since then.

Fish sandwich from DQ on 31 in Kokomo. Around 2002 or so.
    Lunch at the shop on a friday and by the time I went home I was heaving.
    Stayed in bed the entire weekend curled up in a ball with fever and body cramps, I couldn't get my arms and legs to work properly.
    Good times, it made an impression on me.
    I haven't been back to that DQ since, and I won't order food from any of them.

I used to love LJS but I just can't do it anymore, it sets in my stomach like a rock and I feel like **** for the rest of the day after eating it.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I wonder if you could start a business selling tapeworms as a means of weight loss. The benefits of food poisoning without the heaving bit...
    The problem with tapeworms is they suck all the vitamin B12 out of your system. And then you crave dirt. Some places in the south used to be famous for their eating dirt.

I had a close call back at a professional conference in Beaumont, TX. We had about 600 attendees, and one of the kitchen help apparently had some kind of open wound. The fettuccini at one of the buffet tables got infected with Staph, and nearly everyone who picked from that table ended up sick. I picked from that table but lucked out. A few hundred people got REALLY sick, so much they couldn't get out of bed to answer the phone or the door. During one of our keynotes in the atrium we watched EMS crews go door to door with gurneys. The hotel had to devote a ground floor wing to triage, and there was a constant stream of ambulances through there. Talked to some folks on the plane home. They said the didn't die, but frequently wished they did.

Us old timers fall silent whenever anyone mentions Beaumont at our conferences.

Top Bottom