• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Mr Dans at Sherman and Raymond (long gone) bout killed me in the 80s.
    Funny not funny thing is when I ordered you could see the kitchen and grill and what not from the counter. I thought to myself this place looks dirty as f%%#.
    Oh well I'm hungry. Next day I knew exactly what happened. Pure misery

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mr Dans at Sherman and Raymond (long gone) bout killed me in the 80s.
    Funny not funny thing is when I ordered you could see the kitchen and grill and what not from the counter. I thought to myself this place looks dirty as f%%#.
    Oh well I'm hungry. Next day I knew exactly what happened. Pure misery
    Remember when Mr. Dan's restaurants used to be called Gay Dan's?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I remember Mr Dans fondly. Especially when I was a kid and my cousin-in-law was the manager of the one that used to be at 86th and Zionsville. Not only was the building cool, they had the hot new Dragon's Lair video game. One day we were eating while he was there and he said "follow me". He took me to the game, opened the coin door, and manually added like $20 worth of credit with his finger and said "have fun, buddy!". :rockwoot:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Culver's has great fish 'n chips. Cod.

Their shrimp basket isn't bad either. But, the Cod is the best I've had anywhere.
    That's true, the fish 'n chips there is what I usually order. You go to so many places anymore and order it and it looks like little flat triangle pieces that come out of the grocery store frozen box.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's true, the fish 'n chips there is what I usually order. You go to so many places anymore and order it and it looks like little flat triangle pieces that come out of the grocery store frozen box.
    If you want REALLY good fish, take the trip up to Payne's in Gas City. Right off of 69 behind the Cracker Barrel. SOOOOO good.

Their British style mash is REALLY good too. I get that instead of chips.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Man you got me wanting to try that. I'm normally a butterburger combo but I'm going there tonight and try the fish.

In Wanamaker next to the Ordinary they have a Friday night fish fry thats pretty good to. Can't remember the name but its a local owned little place and they have a outside dining area. Nice this time of year

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Man you got me wanting to try that. I'm normally a butterburger combo but I'm going there tonight and try the fish.

In Wanamaker next to the Ordinary they have a Friday night fish fry thats pretty good to. Can't remember the name but its a local owned little place and they have a outside dining area. Nice this time of year
    Here it is

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh man.... Im gonna have to visit that place often. So much looks good! Too much for one meal.
    The tenderloin looks good, but I'm just not a big fan of fried stuff. Well, I should say it's not a big fan of me. I miss getting Tie Dye Grill's grilled tenderloin when I worked over at 30th and Shadeland. Hated when I heard they had closed.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    It’s crazy that so many people still think of him. Nothing against the guy, just makes me think he got the last laugh.
    proxy-image

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The tenderloin looks good, but I'm just not a big fan of fried stuff. Well, I should say it's not a big fan of me. I miss getting Tie Dye Grill's grilled tenderloin when I worked over at 30th and Shadeland. Hated when I heard they had closed.
    I miss that place too. The ZZ Top burger was awesome.

And that wasnt a tenderloin. it was a breaded, thinly sliced pork chop. Good, but not a tenderloin.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I miss that place too. The ZZ Top burger was awesome.

And that wasnt a tenderloin. it was a breaded, thinly sliced pork chop. Good, but not a tenderloin.
    Agreed. Which made it so good when it was grilled. That and their Reubens were awesome. I'd put their Reubens up against Shapiro's any day.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Slapfish is really good for seafood. Wife says that their lobster roll is just like the ones she had in Maine.

There is one on Massachusetts Avenue in Indy and one just north of 146th St on Gray Rd in Noblesville/Carmel area.

Top Bottom