• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not to dismiss or denigrate any of the suggestions above but most of these are ok for the range. What do you do for EDC? I can see my sights fine with my Walmart readers but in an emergency, I'm probably not going to have time to slip them on and then draw my gun.

A lot of us are training point shoot. If you can beat up an 8" steel at 15 ft on a point and shoot you should be just fine.
    I am off my game of late as to actually beating it up but I am well in the chest sized area. Just need to get back on the trigger.
    My eyes are not what they used to be.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A lot of us are training point shoot. If you can beat up an 8" steel at 15 ft on a point and shoot you should be just fine.
    I am off my game of late as to actually beating it up but I am well in the chest sized area. Just need to get back on the trigger.

Can you retype this part? I'm pretty sure I know what you mean but.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A lot of us are trainer point shoot. If you can beat up an 8" steel at 15 ft on a point and shoot you should be just fine.

Don't give up.
    You'll get it eventually...

59RJsFn.jpg

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Those look interesting. Tell us more. Is it hard to get your eyes in line to see through it? Could it replace the need for a "reader" type safety glass or would you still use the magnification if that is what you normally wear?
    Would this work for action type shooting where you are moving, targets are moving and you need to acquire targets rapidly?
    I use mine for bullseye shooting as I don't do action shooting events. Just put on your regular glasses. I always tell gents if they don't like the Merit Optical Attachment I will buy them. In all the years I have recommended them no one has ever said they don't like the Merit.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not to dismiss or denigrate any of the suggestions above but most of these are ok for the range. What do you do for EDC? I can see my sights fine with my Walmart readers but in an emergency, I'm probably not going to have time to slip them on and then draw my gun.

I've been in this same situation for the past 10 years of serious pistol shooting. My handgun shooting, competitive, practice, dry fire, etc, is all based on building or maintaining a self defense skill set.

There is no such thing as putting on the appropriate glasses in a gunfight. Consequently, I don't allow myself to shoot with vision correction. I have to use sights that allow my middle aged eyes the best sight picture possible.

I run Amerglo Hackathorn sights on my handguns. The big orange dot stands out well, even though fuzzy. Put the orange ball it in the notch of the black rear sight and that is the picture, not young eyes good, but good.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've been in this same situation for the past 10 years of serious pistol shooting. My handgun shooting, competitive, practice, dry fire, etc, is all based on building or maintaining a self defense skill set.

There is no such thing as putting on the appropriate glasses in a gunfight. Consequently, I don't allow myself to shoot with vision correction. I have to use sights that allow my middle aged eyes the best sight picture possible.

I run Amerglo Hackathorn sights on my handguns. The big orange dot stands out well, even though fuzzy. Put the orange ball it in the notch of the black rear sight and that is the picture, not young eyes good, but good.
    Thanks. That makes sense. Old eyes need brighter light and/or highly visible/contrasted objects (sights) to see halfway better.

Top Bottom