• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schnege916

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    My wife bought her first gun yesterday. We purchased a ruger LCR in .38 special. I am trying to find her a larger (3 finger) pink grip for it. So far i have had no luck. Does anyone know if any are made yet? If it makes a differance it is the newer models with the hammer. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    My wife bought her first gun yesterday. We purchased a ruger LCR in .38 special. I am trying to find her a larger (3 finger) pink grip for it. So far i have had no luck. Does anyone know if any are made yet? If it makes a differance it is the newer models with the hammer. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I sought out different grips for the LCR quite a bit when I had mine, to no avail. I don't think anyone but Ruger is supplying them - and while they offer a pink grip, it's not a 3 finger one.

Eagle offers their Secret Service grips for it, but same story - 2 finger.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I could have sworn that midway used to have them, but a quick search turned up ZIP. Looks like the best source for the LCR grips is Ruger, and they seem to only offer the little grip in pink. I guess women must handle recoil better than men...

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I bought my wife a LCR 38sp. Took it to the range this weekend and put 50 rounds of 150gr LRN through it. The gun barely recoiled at all. Really shocked me. I thought with the small 2 finger grip and polymer frame that is was gonna be a handful of recoil since the gun only weighs 13.5oz

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hogue Monogrip Grips Ruger SP101 Rubber

Not sure if theese will work or not...

I don't know if SP101 grips would fit on the LCR, but might be worth a try. Those are the only 3-finger Hogue grips I've seen.

That being said, I don't think the two-finger stock Hogue grips are bad. Recoil is not as bad with them as it is with the boot grips that I put on my LCR. But it was a tradeoff because I wanted the "carry-ability" of the boot grips.

schnege916

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Thanks everyone for your input. I know I have seen a full size grip in the past on midway. Im going to check a local shop for a SP101 grip and test fit before I buy one and it doesn't work. If anyone runs across one let me know.

Top Bottom