• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We go through the same ritual when visitors with children are coming over. I keep an exact count of what's unsecured.

Visitors yes. Everything up and away.
    My G-kids are around guns every day. As were my kids. They do not play with them but they see them. The terrorists have an area at the end of my work bench to use their little tools on toys etc while I work on my guns. They are full aware of the dangers involved and respect them. But no, I do not leave them just laying around either.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Mrs Miguel and I talked about things this morning. My POV is that we need to encourage more men to teach.

I know many great women teachers, but they are not going to throw down like ole boy did. They are just not wired that way.

I have to think the mood of a school is going to be different with a larger mix of male teachers. Back in the day, I can think of a number of male teachers who would call “bull ****” on our shenanigans in an instant! I was flippant once sophomore year and the teacher, who was shorter than me and about 30-40 pounds lighter, asked me if I had anything else to say and brother he was not playing. I melted back into the crowd and never ran my mouth again. Sometimes it takes a man to set a boy straight.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mrs Miguel and I talked about things this morning. My POV is that we need to encourage more men to teach.

I know many great women teachers, but they are not going to throw down like ole boy did. They are just not wired that way.

I have to think the mood of a school is going to be different with a larger mix of male teachers. Back in the day, I can think of a number of male teachers who would call “bull ****” on our shenanigans in an instant! I was flippant once sophomore year and the teacher, who was shorter than me and about 30-40 pounds lighter, asked me if I had anything else to say and brother he was not playing. I melted back into the crowd and never ran my mouth again. Sometimes it takes a man to set a boy straight.

Having known more than a few male teachers most changed professions due to the liberal bull **** they had to deal with. Female admins can be the absolute worst in these things. A lot will have to change to get any more "Real" men involved. JMHO of course and no knock on the fairer sex.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Hoosier Armory is having their grand opening today. The NRA has a small tent out front. They are a block off the Noblesville square so they are getting some good traffic. There is a family on their corner with middle school aged kids holding signs against guns. One media type with a camera was filming the kids with the NRA tent in the background. Great

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    "J" man if there is a need past prayer for these people please let us know.

10-4

They just need food for the time being. My mom has that covered. His wife needs to stay relaxed and as healthy as possible to nurse the baby. Luckily her parents live close and are helping with the kids.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    10-4

They just need food for the time being. My mom has that covered. His wife needs to stay relaxed and as healthy as possible to nurse the baby. Luckily her parents live close and are helping with the kids.

Food/funds/someone to cut the grass...............:)

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan

I agree with this 100%. I went to Brebeuf for the 9th grade, the history teacher was a 3 tour Nam vet (USMC) that you did not mess with. He was also the varsity football coach. If you did something he didn't like he would put you in the up push-up position in the doorway for the rest of the period. If you moved he would throw your books at you. You could never get away with this in today's world which is a real shame. One of the best teachers I ever had.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with this 100%. I went to Brebeuf for the 9th grade, the history teacher was a 3 tour Nam vet (USMC) that you did not mess with. He was also the varsity football coach. If you did something he didn't like he would put you in the up push-up position in the doorway for the rest of the period. If you moved he would throw your books at you. You could never get away with this in today's world which is a real shame. One of the best teachers I ever had.

We are raising a bunch of snowflakes by design.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A couple of observations:

Stupid people didn't just pop onto the earth after 1990. There are lots of documented cases of idiots before that time.

The level of argument back and forth on the internet....as exhibited in this thread....didn't exist except in bars back in the day. You had to say what you meant in person, face to face, eye to eye. I am certain most of us, and yes that includes me, are more civil in a "live" setting. The internet is poison. Eventually, we'll recognize that.

Mom's didn't work outside the home, for the most part. If you have a two-family income, you may be part of the problem with kids running around unsupervised. They aren't "free range" kids. They rarely get out on "the range". But not having a mom over their shoulder and with her spidey-sense out all the time, kids will generally fall off the deep end from time to time. Moms are required to reel them back in before the water gets too deep.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    A couple of observations:

Stupid people didn't just pop onto the earth after 1990. There are lots of documented cases of idiots before that time.

The level of argument back and forth on the internet....as exhibited in this thread....didn't exist except in bars back in the day. You had to say what you meant in person, face to face, eye to eye. I am certain most of us, and yes that includes me, are more civil in a "live" setting. The internet is poison. Eventually, we'll recognize that.

Mom's didn't work outside the home, for the most part. If you have a two-family income, you may be part of the problem with kids running around unsupervised. They aren't "free range" kids. They rarely get out on "the range". But not having a mom over their shoulder and with her spidey-sense out all the time, kids will generally fall off the deep end from time to time. Moms are required to reel them back in before the water gets too deep.

I’d best tell my wife to get back in the kitchen before our kids get in trouble then...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had a gym teacher like that, scrawny little guy, but he was wiry. One kid's mouth was writing checks one time and this teacher gave him the overdrawn notice; with one hand, he had that kid against the wall with his feet dangling, and giving it to him to put up or shut up. He shut up, and so did everyone else.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Tell me that these "kids" are normal and well adjusted...

fefurries01rtx1xlaz.jpg

Any one of them is one insult away from going berserk.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    This one was known to the local LEO by the accounts I am hearing from folks in the area. He should not have had access.

IF the story is true of prior reports and notice that this little maggot (insult to good maggots) had access and people reported it, I still say arrest the parents and charge them accordingly. I’m tired of the “Bravo Sierra” excuses given by parents for not securing their weapons when there are warning signs. Example: Adam Lanza and the school killings in a Newtown, CT.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom