• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If they helped or knew it was going to happen they should be executed. Period. The sooner the better. Make an example of them for the world and their animal supporters and sympathizers. I don’t give a **** who it offends it’s time to stop playing nice with an existential threat. **** with us, go down for the dirt nap (and I hope your virgins are goats). Bracken Anthology #13. I will not submit. I will never surrender.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The FBI says no arrests have been made...

watch
    [video=youtube;oKfv83FK9Ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKfv83FK9Ow[/video]

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    It's legal and it has been for years.
    It's why when you fill up a form 4473 to purchase a firearm they ask for your country of citizenship, and not just if you're a US citizen or not.

Permanent residents can buy a gun just like a US citizen can, and get a licence to carry.
    Some people on a non-immigrant visa can also buy firearms and ammunition if they have a hunting licence.
    Depending on how long they stay in the country some non-US-citizens can qualify as a state resident.
    Usually people with a long-stay visa over 90 days like students, and in that case probably foreign military members.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/ffl-tip-sheet-for-non-u-s-citizens-purchasing-firearms.pdf/view

So how is the background check performed?
    Does the FBI contact the person's country of origin or just check US records for any violations since he has been in the US?
    I'm guessing that the US keeps more extensive records of citizens than most countries, especially third world countries. Does the background check verify mental health issues, aberrant behavior or association with known terror groups via information provided by the home country?
    It seems to me that the law allows a foreign visitor to buy a gun with less assurance of being a proper person than it's does US citizens.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    One might think that foreign nationals from countries with a history of Islamic terrorism would receive a VERY thorough 4473 vetting?

Did I hear some news about the suspicion that this terrorist was radicalized on his last trip back to SA?

If the MFer was hosting jihad dinner parties, you would think that a fair number would have known about this coming?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So how is the background check performed?
    Does the FBI contact the person's country of origin or just check US records for any violations since he has been in the US?
    I'm guessing that the US keeps more extensive records of citizens than most countries, especially third world countries. Does the background check verify mental health issues, aberrant behavior or association with known terror groups via information provided by the home country?
    It seems to me that the law allows a foreign visitor to buy a gun with less assurance of being a proper person than it's does US citizens.

Actually it's the other way around.
    To get an immigration visa a potential buyer has to go thru a much intensive background check for months on end.
    The US gov knows all about his school attendance, work history, criminal background in his country of origin, health records, financial situation, relationships, his pasts visits in the US and anywhere else int he word etc ...
    They know more about that person's life than the FBI knows about the average American.

After that the background check done by the FFL is the same no matter if it's a US citizen or a foreign-national with a proper visa.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To get an immigration visa a potential buyer has to go thru a much intensive background check for months on end.
    The US gov knows all about his school attendance, work history, criminal background in his country of origin, health records, financial situation, relationships, his pasts visits in the US and anywhere else int he word etc ...
    They know more about that person's life than the FBI knows about the average American.

After that the background check done by the FFL is the same no matter if it's a US citizen or a foreign-national with a proper visa.

Over 21 years in the USAF, I have no idea what requirements are in-place for foreign military entering the US. I've never had a passport, tourist or official (AKA: the red "shoot me first" passport.) I always traveled on orders with military ID and that got me everywhere Big Blue sent me.

Paul Harvey moment may not arrive on this one. Big hole in vetting procedures?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    One might think that foreign nationals from countries with a history of Islamic terrorism would receive a VERY thorough 4473 vetting?

Did I hear some news about the suspicion that this terrorist was radicalized on his last trip back to SA?

If the MFer was hosting jihad dinner parties, you would think that a fair number would have known about this coming?

The now-room temperature terrorist and the dinner party/mass murder video watchers all went to NY recently, possibly over the long T-giving weekend. Six one, half-dozen the other?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    We need to get Loretta Lynch on this case. Just as soon as she finds the motive for the San Ber'dino shooting, she'll get to the bottom of this one too.:rolleyes:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Over 21 years in the USAF, I have no idea what requirements are in-place for foreign military entering the US. I've never had a passport, tourist or official (AKA: the red "shoot me first" passport.) I always traveled on orders with military ID and that got me everywhere Big Blue sent me.

Paul Harvey moment may not arrive on this one. Big hole in vetting procedures?

Im not certain, but I don't know that just military orders works anymore. My kids have deployed and done trips abroad under orders several times and I seem to recall they were required to use their passports. Most recently, my daughter and her new husband PCS'd from the US to Japan for the Marines about a month after getting married. Pretty sure she had to get a new passport during that month!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

The FFL is not doing the background check. They are calling in the information for the Federal Gov't to do the background check and approve the firearms sale to the individual, correct?

The government is the one who let this terrorist slip through the cracks. We should be holding them accountable and the Saudi's for not properly vetting who they send to us.

The Feds are also accountable for those jihad dinner party attendees still walking around also. What the hell are they doing with them?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Time to maybe consider training them where they live.:rolleyes:

Or maybe not sell them weapons all together.

When you give people F15s and train them how to use them it doesn't really matter if they are trained in the US or in their home country.

The FFL is not doing the background check. They are calling in the information for the Federal Gov't to do the background check and approve the firearms sale to the individual, correct?

The government is the one who let this terrorist slip through the cracks. We should be holding them accountable and the Saudi's for not properly vetting who they send to us.

The Feds are also accountable for those jihad dinner party attendees still walking around also. What the hell are they doing with them?

Correct.
    I'm sure the FFL did nothing wrong/illegal in that case.
    We don't even know if the gun was bought legally or not, and if bought legally if it was through a FFL (not that I followed the case closely, maybe we do know).

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Or maybe not sell them weapons all together.

When you give people F15s and train them how to use them it doesn't really matter if they are trained in the US or in their home country...

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Too much $$$ to be made by our beloved military/industrial complex.

At least training them in their home country would put far fewer USians at risk from the Saudi's love for airplanes and jihad.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Too much $$$ to be made by our beloved military/industrial complex.

At least training them in their home country would put far fewer USians at risk from the Saudi's love for airplanes and jihad.

Plenty of Americans troops and US military assets would be at risk in the region if they had a rogue pilot with a loaded F15 over there.

Just less American civilians than if a foreign pilot went nuts while training inside the US I guess.Still bad.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I doubt that the tweets would have been deleted if they described the motivations rather than linking the place where, y'know, the terrorist posted them reaching out to like minded people.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Time to maybe consider training them where they live.:rolleyes:

That probably would not work as the training infrastructure is here and I can't see packing up all the instructors and equipment and moving them temporarily to a foreign country. Im not sure what the total training timeline is for ground school, primary and type training but I'm sure its more than just a couple of months.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That probably would not work as the training infrastructure is here and I can't see packing up all the instructors and equipment and moving them temporarily to a foreign country. Im not sure what the total training timeline is for ground school, primary and type training but I'm sure its more than just a couple of months.

Why train them at all? When you buy a new car, does the dealership insist on training you on how to drive it? Let them figure it out on their own.

Top Bottom