• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oh, cool. I didn't know that. Whats the lead on the mover with a .22 SV?

Do you have to use a holster in .22 or can you use a bag?

Bagging is fine. Generally they start from low ready.

Depending on how fast the bullet goes, my thought is that it would be very similar to 40 S&W. My guess is that is somewhere between 950-1000 fps.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    can i get by with 3 15 round mags and do i have to have a mag holder

You don't have to have a mag holder, but if you don't, you should use a range bag.

3 15s won't cut it. You'll need to top off at least one mag (12 shots per string, 4 strings = 48 shots). If you can do it quickly, fine. If it takes time (read: if it makes people wait), that's not fine.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    So I only have 4 Magazines. So I should not come? I would have to reload in the middle. Deciding if I should come and watch or come and shoot. Jim

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I do not have enough .38 or I would shoot my Revolver. So I am shooting my Wife Ruger 22/45 just to get experience for next year. Really the mags would not have to be fully topped. As long as there is 6 in each one fro the next round. Thanks Guys Jim

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I do not have enough .38 or I would shoot my Revolver. So I am shooting my Wife Ruger 22/45 just to get experience for next year. Really the mags would not have to be fully topped. As long as there is 6 in each one fro the next round. Thanks Guys Jim

I have 4 extra 22/45 mags.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you are going and you do not mind me barrowing them that would be great . That way I will not hold no one up. I am going to mark my mags anyway because I think I am having one that hangs up on the last round. Thanks Jim

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    If you are going and you do not mind me barrowing them that would be great . That way I will not hold no one up. I am going to mark my mags anyway because I think I am having one that hangs up on the last round. Thanks Jim

I was planning on it, really want too. Feeling a little under the wheather but maybe I can sleep it off. Layfette is a 2 hour drive for me so no promises.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

I have 5 i'll put them in my bag now

make that 6

Last edited:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well I am not going to make it, hand is a no go from the carpal tunnel surgery. I
    can get a slide racked, but loading ammo into a mag, or trying to hold/let alone shoot 2 handed isn't going to work.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am not 100% either. My wife is griping at me to go to Urgent Care because I have a very sore throat and she says I may have strep throat. I will have to feel pretty bad not to make it. LOL. Thanks for the help on the mags. You guys are great. USMC_0311 I hope you feel better and can make it. I am sure I will suck ,but you know what ,sucking at shooting is by far better than a day at work and I like my job. Jim

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Well I am not going to make it, hand is a no go from the carpal tunnel surgery. I
    can get a slide racked, but loading ammo into a mag, or trying to hold/let alone shoot 2 handed isn't going to work.

I'll help load your mags but I draw the line at holding your gun:)

hope you get healed up quick

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I am not 100% either. My wife is griping at me to go to Urgent Care because I have a very sore throat and she says I may have strep throat. I will have to feel pretty bad not to make it. LOL. Thanks for the help on the mags. You guys are great. USMC_0311 I hope you feel better and can make it. I am sure I will suck ,but you know what ,sucking at shooting is by far better than a day at work and I like my job. Jim

The mags will be there
    hope you fell well enough to attend

Top Bottom