• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I just came about a smith & Wesson 3913NL (upswept cover, ladysmith without stamping) and have some concerns.
    It is not much smaller then some other handguns that have more capacity.
    It seems parts and magazines are slim to come by.
    Holsters and grips are nearly non-existent. (Having looked for an IWB holster with no luck other then ones that exceed the value of the gun...in my opinion)

with all that being said...do I keep it or bail?

and I know I need to post pics, but the technology side of me is null. Sorry.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I just came about a smith & Wesson 3913NL (upswept cover, ladysmith without stamping) and have some concerns.
    It is not much smaller then some other handguns that have more capacity.
    It seems parts and magazines are slim to come by.
    Holsters and grips are nearly non-existent. (Having looked for an IWB holster with no luck other then ones that exceed the value of the gun...in my opinion)

with all that being said...do I keep it or bail?

and I know I need to post pics, but the technology side of me is null. Sorry.

A 3914 is my EDC, love it. I have had no problems finding holsters on EBay...As far as parts, I have never needed anything, damned thing is built like a tank..

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I carried a 3913 for a while. Loved the gun. I bought Houge hardwood grips for it. (They still make them). Kydex holsters can be made for it. You can get aftermarket sights for it. Mags are a bit pricey but can be had.

I shot mine great. The trigger was fantastic. But I decided to go with one type of action (striker fired) for my EDC guns. I also carried a full size XDm. I didn't want to get rid of that so I sold the 3913 and bought a XDs.

If you shoot it good and are happy about how it carries, keep it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Love, Love, Love the original 3913! The 3913NL, "New Line", Lady Smith, was an abortion, that's why there is no aftermarket support. Smith&Wesson hated it after they released it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have a 3913 California DOJ trade in manufactured in 2006. Its a fine piece of S&W history now. I have found mags, parts and grips with ease and I have several 3rd gen Smiths. If your unhappy with your firearm PM me and I will gladly take it off your hands.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I actually prefer the LS version of the 3913 to the original frame design.

I carried mine for several years, great little pistol. I found another one NIB on INGO a few years ago, and it currently resides in the back of my safe.

I have no trouble finding magazines, new or used, and several of the custom holster makers still have the mold for this model, although hey will be a little pricier than an off the rack holster.......

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    It's not that I dont like the pistol. Solid as a rock and good shooter. Just size for capacity; and borderline oddball being an 'NL' makes it iffy. I got what I feel is a decent deal considering it will not be winning any beauty shows. But a very dependable go any where firearm.

Last edited:

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    You might see if someone wants to trade you a regular 3913 for you NL. The NL can be quite desirable to some folks. I always thought NL stood for "non-ladysmith". It's just like the Ladysmith without the word Ladysmith engraved on the side. Some guys like the styling better but don't want the engraving on it. They hold their value very well. If yours is in excellent shape, it has some collector value.

Top Bottom