• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    the practice for this event is this saturday this year.
    Thanks for the reminder! I went last year for the practice day, and told myself I would practice up and be ready to shoot the actual match this year. But then life got in the way, and it doesn't look like I'll even be able to make the practice day this year. Oh well, there's always next year.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I'm just getting into precision shooting.
    Got a rifle that can do <.5" (best 3 shot group .27") but I'm still new at it. I haven't shot it enough to do that with it every time, nor have I the chance to shoot at anything other than the 100 & 200 yd lines... (DNR ranges)
    I'd love to get good enough to hit targets at extended ranges. Wish I had a place close by (and time & ammo) to practice at longer ranges...
    Also... my precision rifle... it's a .243, so even though it's been a laser so far, it's never gonna carry to a mile without the wind taking those tiny rounds for a serious ride. At least I'll never be good enough to do it.
    I figure If I ever get good (consistently) at 500 or 600 one day I'll be happy.
    Connersville has a 1400 meter range, look it up, you can rent a lane there 40.00 an hour I think all the way up to a whole day. I’m definitely trying it out this summer sometime.

Top Bottom