ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In the tank for Obama? :popcorn:

Just reporting the news and letting the people decide? Fair and balanced? NOT A CHANCE

From the Drudge Report: DRUDGE REPORT: ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA 2009®
    ao.jpg

ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE
    Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special -- 'Prescription for America' -- originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
    Ken McKay
    Republican National Committee
    Chief of Staff

Developing...

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Rush just did a piece on how Obama might be able to legally close conservative talk radio. If he buys up the sponsors and station affiliations, then he can do what he wishes.We are entering a whole new era in this countries existence. I'm already sick of it!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Rush just did a piece on how Obama might be able to legally close conservative talk radio. If he buys up the sponsors and station affiliations, then he can do what he wishes.We are entering a whole new era in this countries existence. I'm already sick of it!

What we are entering, without question, is the end of this country as a free nation. If we wish to maintain our freedom, it is no longer possible to do so as one country.

I do not see how it can be reversed at this point. The media has become an arm of the government, the financial system is an arm of the government, the manufacturing system is an arm of the government. Our legislative and judicial branches have become rubber stamps for the executive. Our Consitution and laws are being openly ignored and even ridiculed.

We are finished. Hopefully the split/s can be achieved without violence. Anyone wanna take bets on that?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    What we are entering, without question, is the end of this country as a free nation. If we wish to maintain our freedom, it is no longer possible to do so as one country.

I do not see how it can be reversed at this point. The media has become an arm of the government, the financial system is an arm of the government, the manufacturing system is an arm of the government. Our legislative and judicial branches have become rubber stamps for the executive. Our Consitution and laws are being openly ignored and even ridiculed.

We are finished. Hopefully the split/s can be achieved without violence. Anyone wanna take bets on that?

Joe, I'm afraid your analysis is spot on unless someone or something turns the tide back toward sanity :dunno:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm going to open a new store. Sell nothing but
    lube.gif

Large jars, medium jars, small jars you can fit in a purse, maybe even individual ketchup-like packets that you can put in your wallet! Yep. I'll make a FORTUNE!!!

Wait! I could even have a Kool-Aid stand out front... that'd draw em in for sure!
    beerfunnel.gif

Whaddya think? Any investors out there?

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    There saying the news will be broadcast from the "blue" room. Isn't stuff like this better off in one of the bedrooms?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    You know, I haven't listened to Rush since Obama took over GM, but has anybody noticed whether GM still runs advertising on his program? You may have a point, RNM.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    EVERY day... EVERY single day... Osamabama is reading his teleprompter and announcing a "New " plan.
    Does this guy EVER sit in his office and get any work done? I cannot remember any president giving a speach every single day.
    Screw turning ABC over to him.... he already owns them ALL.:xmad:

Crimson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Columbus, Indiana
    I hope 2010 puts some of this to rest. But unfortunatly, we have to wait for 2010. If there is not a significant change in who we have in office(house and senate), WE ARE DONE FOR.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Sad but true... but you hit the nail on the head and the sheeple are blindy following.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This is predictable and disturbing.

Media should be completely and utterly separate from government meddling. This is a page right out of How to Start Your Own Dictatorship in 3 Easy Steps.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I just got this in my email...

An important message from Free Speech Coalition Chairman Roger Hedgecock.

ABC News has reportedly agreed to broadcast its news June 24 from the Blue Room of the White House, virtually turning over news programming that night to the Obama Government.

ABC also plans a prime time special, "Prescription for America", again
    broadcast from the White House. This "Special" will feature Obama
    Government officials promoting the President's proposal for Government
    health care. No opposing views are allowed on the program.

As Chair of the Free Speech Coalition ( <::::::: AmericanRadioFreeSpeech.com>
    donttouchmydial.com), I call on ABC to include all points of view on this
    most important issue. As more Americans become familiar with the
    complexities of the health care system and the various proposals to "reform" it, it is the responsibility of the "News" to let all voices be heard.

ABC News is in danger of becoming a propaganda organ for the Obama
    Government.

Our Coalition was formed to fight restrictions on Free Speech in the Media,
    particularly the "Fairness Doctrine" and its evil offshoots "localism" and
    "media ownership diversity" --policies now being considered for the purpose
    of censoring conservative talk radio by the Obama FCC.

For ABC News to present only the Obama Government side of this important
    issue would betray the public interest in a free press.

Top Bottom