• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This was great stuff here folks. You missed out if you weren't there and are now at a disadvantage.:D

A huge thanks goes out to esrice, lovemywoods and families. Nothing less than top notch organization and hospitality is their norm.

BCPS done a great job with their course of instruction. I won't repeat the above AARs, but I'll point out the truly golden stuff to me;
    - the cobra kick
    - how to fall w/o breaking wrists or popping grape
    - 45 seconds of fight 'til exhaustion.
    - Discovering I need a whole lot more practice at the ground stuff. (MTC and the ground beat the crap out of me.)
    - Figuring out what can an cannot be done with a spicy face.

A big thanks also to Worldwide Prestige for videotaping my getting sprayed and MTC for the handholding and decontamination.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    You're welcome, BWFrame, for any assistance I can give. It was the least I could do since you stepped up to take one for the team. Thanks for being such a great training partner. That's why I chose you. Wanted someone even-tempered with prior training in familiar areas. However, I'll think twice about encouraging someone to open up the throttle in hand-to-hand or ground fighting. Oomph! Ugh! :): Still sore on that side with the old injury. Gimpy at work Monday. Good thing it wasn't Mercop or Steve MI. Could've done some real damage.

Knew Trek from Actshooters in MI and as a fellow student. I was impressed with his skills, military bearing and overall professional demeanor. I expected no less from this course, and was not disappointed. A lot of great info packed into eight hours.

Thanks, Trek! :patriot:

Last edited:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    No need to duplicate the comments of the many fine postings already offered. It was indeed a good day of friends, enjoyable weather, and exposure to new ideas. In particular, the carrying and use of OC spray has been demystified for me. Watching each person work through their individual role play scenario was very instructive to me.

My thanks to Trek and his staff for preparing and delivering this needed information and doing it very well. I have participated in numerous corporate-driven training sessions and Trek’s delivery and professionalism rivaled the best of those.

I want to share my motivation for taking this type of instruction as it may strike a chord with others reading this.

A few months ago, INGO member and professional trainer George Mathias (mercop) offered his ideas about personal protection in the following thread.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/151632-too_important_to_keep_my_mouth_shut_anymore_part_i-2.html

In post #44 in the thread, George offered a listing in rank order of the progression of topics he suggested on which a person should be trained. It struck me that I had gotten training on some of the topics further down the list, but not the ones at the top.

I have been remiss in the areas of less lethal defensive methods and traumatic injury first aid. Trek's class was a move to begin to correct my oversight. I plan to attend redneckmedic's trauma class or one like it when it comes available to work on my second identified training gap.

I encourage my fellow INGO readers to consider their overall training needs, compare those needs to the training you’ve received, and make a plan to fill in any gaps you see so that each precious dollar and hour you spend on training is spent in the most effective way possible.

For those of you needing an overview of less lethal measures, the BCPS course is a good choice!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    That's Gotta Hurt!

One of the demonstrations given during the day was a Taser. Very cool!

After class, Trek gave me the Taser barbs and wire. Take a look at the size of the barbs on those things! Ouch! :( Notice too that there is a small barb near the end of each one to help it hold in your flesh!

qovw42.jpg

Trek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    RCS HQ
    I had the fun and educational opportunity to take a hit from our demo Taser C2 down at Raven Concealment HQ a month or so ago- The video is up on our website and makes me cringe everytime I see it!

Live Taser C2 hits will be part of the LLDOC soon (for the staff- dont worry!)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    just an update... I wore the same shirt today (after being washed a few times) and while at the gym I was wiping away sweat with my sleeve and suddenly a faint but familiar burning sensation occured where I swiped my sleeve.

That stuff doesn't come out easily :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sorry for the necro-bump, but my wife recently came across the pictures she took during this class on her phone. I thought you guys might enjoy the added shots of getting sprayed. :D

In no particular order. . . .

8zqia8.jpg

2h66jxj.jpg

mlkra.jpg

ab5iqe.jpg

esna0g.jpg

2cwrev9.jpg

2yocro8.jpg

2j64ll5.jpg

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Trek,

Have you found that you are less affected by the CS after taking 19 hits? Or possibly that the decontamination goes more quickly? It would be interesting to get your take as I've heard rumors to both sides stating that each time is as bad as the first, as well as you become more and more able to cope...movie "breath spray" scenes don't help the matter. Thoughts?

Top Bottom