• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Face it, some countries do not tolerate guns like our people do (don't take me wrong here). What has happened has definitely been a tragedy. We still have work place violence and too many people with the ability and means to go postal. It scares me whne an individual or group goes into a youth came and kills 80+ people, are we next. Sometimes paranoia is not such a bad thing.

Jack Burton you are right we can't protect everyone. We try, but. I remember a disgruntled worker walked into a plastics company years ago in Evansville (hometown) and killed several fellow workers. It took 9 hits to put him down, without body armor. Like the three previous posts, I pray your powder is dry.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I don't want to ever hear again from some jackass about how we don't "need" guns because the police are going to guarantee the safety of our parks, our schools, and our children.
    What's probably going to be the drum beat over this is that better gun control would have prevented the perpetrator from being armed.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Yep they won't say that more guns would ever make for a more peaceful country. Its a shame that this happened there because as I understand it Norway is a pretty peaceful place and compared to the rest of Europe they are comparatively gun friendly but they still don't routinely carry for self defense. But this just absolutely proves that violence can and will happen anywhere and when you least expect it. Always be vigilent. Always be prepared. Cocked and Locked.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I do have to say that when we are needed, our guys come out of the woodwork willing to help. The sniper last week, The tornado, the guy suspected with a weapon at one of the local High Schools are just a few of the examples of guys coming in off duty to help.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I saw a comment of a guy who said the perp was so close he could feel his breath on his neck. Guy played dead and it saved his life. Of course 8 more kids probably died, but at least HE made it.

One gun in a crowd is a massacre, 30 guns is an orderly event.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I do have to say that when we are needed, our guys come out of the woodwork willing to help. The sniper last week, The tornado, the guy suspected with a weapon at one of the local High Schools are just a few of the examples of guys coming in off duty to help.
    Sorry to have to disagree with you here, Irahm, but we've all seen the video footage from Columbine and VA Tech and that doesn't jibe with your take. Do they show up? Yep. Do they wait till everything's over before going in? Yep. Seems like every time there's an active shooter the cops hang out and wait and don't charge to the rescue, like on TV.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Sorry to have to disagree with you here, Irahm, but we've all seen the video footage from Columbine and VA Tech and that doesn't jibe with your take. Do they show up? Yep. Do they wait till everything's over before going in? Yep. Seems like every time there's an active shooter the cops hang out and wait and don't charge to the rescue, like on TV.

In their defense, a lot has changed since then. Before Columbine, SOP was to form a perimeter and wait for swat. After the tragedy, SOP was changed to waiting until four officers could go in. Now it has changed to the first responder going in.

I can't remember where I read this, sorry.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Seems like every time there's an active shooter the cops hang out and wait and don't charge to the rescue, like on TV.

Not what happened at the Ft. Hood shooting. First two LEO responders shot the prep. I think proceedures have changed with time, as they should.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

LEOs can be actual, real life heroes in many circumstances. What you can't be, and what the anti-gun people expect you to be, are superheros. Apparently able to read criminal minds like Professor X, and there to stop all bad guys before they do their bad guy stuff. Maybe even predict the future.

It ain't going to happen as a general rule. So we get crime ranging from the mugging in the back alley to Norways, all while the sheep are bleating that no one needs a gun to protect themselves.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    We've all learned from Columbine. We now teach and train officers in tactics to immediately start addressing problems. Last year we were call ro a local high school and had an immediate response to the threat. It's okay to disagree but we have now been trained and practice on a very regular basis. Most of us carry a lot of equipment similar to SWAT. Sitting on our duffs doesn't happen.

Top Bottom