• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If only they had been uniformed combatants, then they would have Geneva Convention protection.

When you choose to fight like a terrorist, then you have to suffer the consequences of abandoning the rules the rest of civilization lives by.

Those rules exist for a reason. We've found a method that helps us to uncover the truth. To convict the guilty and to free the innocent.

Why wouldn't we want to use the same method for these prisoners? Don't we want to find the actual guilty parties? Don't we want to free the innocent?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Those rules exist for a reason. We've found a method that helps us to uncover the truth. To convict the guilty and to free the innocent.

Why wouldn't we want to use the same method for these prisoners? Don't we want to find the actual guilty parties? Don't we want to free the innocent?

You may not agree, but there's a different set of rules for war, and Constitutional protections don't, or at least shouldn't, apply to non citizens anyway.

However, that aside, you're missing the point. OBVIOUSLY, there was a determination made about the guilt or innocence of the prisoners or several people in this thread wouldn't be weeping hysterically about those they found "innocent".

So, it sounds like you got what you wanted, so why are you complaining?

The flip side is, those who were found "guilty", ended up getting to continue to live in prison instead of being executed as non uniformed combatants as they should have been, primarily because liberals like you don't have the stomach for it.

So, again, not sure why you're complaining. The "innocent" were set free (or were given the option) and the "guilty" received life in prison.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    When he was found to be a non combatant, he refused repatriation to Egypt because he was labeled a dissenter. Pretty ironic that he CHOSE to stay at GITMO rather than return to Egypt.

As I suspected, your hysterical rantings completely fall apart when the facts are known.

Whats so interesting about that? if the shoe was on the other foot, would you want to be flown back here? I guess one interesting thing here is "we" are traveling the world arresting non combatants which for some crazy reason a person calling himself "Liberty" has no problem with. The irony is thick here

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    1069849_550238101680362_1826871849_n.jpg

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Whats so interesting about that? if the shoe was on the other foot, would you want to be flown back here? I guess one interesting thing here is "we" are traveling the world arresting non combatants which for some crazy reason a person calling himself "Liberty" has no problem with. The irony is thick here

I guess you forgot about the part where we're at war and they were captured on the battlefield.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You may not agree, but there's a different set of rules for war, and Constitutional protections don't, or at least shouldn't, apply to non citizens anyway.

Why not? Those protections exist to provide justice. That's the point of these methods. Seeking justice and truth makes just as much sense in both situations.

However, that aside, you're missing the point. OBVIOUSLY, there was a determination made about the guilt or innocence of the prisoners or several people in this thread wouldn't be weeping hysterically about those they found "innocent".

This makes absolutely no sense. I don't even know where to begin. I've decided not to try.

You really should change your username.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    your right, lest we forget you and a handful of others define liberty, rather than each defining it for themselves

It already has a definition. Throwing people in prison for possessing a plant does not meet that definition any more than throwing them in prison for possessing a firearm.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Why not? Those protections exist to provide justice. That's the point of these methods. Seeking justice and truth makes just as much sense in both situations.

You should try reading the preamble to the Constitution. It might help clear up some things for you. I doubt it though. You seem to wear your ignorance like a badge of honor.

Top Bottom