A small update to the rules for the classifieds.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is a smart move that's been a long time coming. Good job folks!

Now we really need to start recruiting INGOers to use our INGO classifieds, rather than others sites across the web. Our classifieds have turned into a ghost town.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Oh in favor of change.. I never treat an obo as applying only to the first responder...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WTS - One bowl of cereal…Peanut butter crunch, just add milk.

Fixed it, Kelly

Keep your sadomasochistic food stuffs to yourself.

1d7407d883099b1e382fe831b3f96047.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Because you’re publicly notifying other interested parties, and the seller, of your intent to purchase. Not a big deal for something that lingers for days and haggling occurs, but for in-demand items I think most appreciate knowing something is “called forlz

A reply to a thread usually generates the same type of notification email as a PM, right?

Its the mods’ sandbox and their rules and one complies or leaves. I sort of understand banning people commenting on the item for sale or ask price, but banning public commitment to purchase is a deviation from PX/marketplace “best practices” of every other internet forum I’m on, firearms-related or otherwise.

I suppose I’m not seeing the problem this rule change is supposed to solve, or how it is additive to the INGO experience. I concede my opinion is mine alone and again, I’m here of my own volition and must follow rules accordingly.
    From your point of view, it's no big deal. But from the staff's side, it's an issue. I'll just leave it at that.

I'll give an example that happened this week.

An offer was made in an ad. The conversation continued in the thread, bumping the ad each time. Phone numbers, complaining about response time, a counter argument about the response time.

Per the old rule, it was "directly related to the item". So not technically in violation, except for bumping the ad.

Everyone does not need to see that. With the new "conversations" systems, this will happen so much smoother. And deals will remain between the interested parties.

The staff has to spend time dealing with this. A lot of time.

So we decided to implement the new rule.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Be careful of locking the thread. The majority of members see that as the item is no longer available.
    There is a different take on that in this thread:

I originally took your position, but it just makes sense to me to lock the thread to prevent any BS. It has the side effect of lowering the possibility of mods having to deal with stupidity.

I would suggest that it be a requirement to lock the threads, but then folks would have to understand how the forum software works. Probably not happening.

Top Bottom