A small update to the rules for the classifieds.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    After some discussion, the staff has come to the conclusion that rule #7 in the classifieds needed a bit of a rewrite for several reasons.

So please read and follow it. I'll post the rewrite here and it will be updated in the official rules soon. So here it is......

#7. There are to be no comments by anyone other than the member who posted the ad. The ad can be bumped to the top ONCE every 24 hours from the last post by the posting member. ALL OFFERS, COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, ETC ARE TO BE SENT VIA THE "START CONVERSATION" SELECTION IN THE MEMBERS PROFILE. No more "pm sent, I'll take it, is this still available," etc. The only exception is if you start a conversation and you get a "Inbox is full" reply. We request you first report the ad to the staff using the report tab at the bottom of the post. We will try and contact the member to help them. A post in the ad saying the inbox is full will be allowed.

We will be giving a grace period for a little while.

Last edited:

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    After some discussion, the staff has come to the conclusion that rule #7 in the classifieds needed a bit of a rewrite for several reasons.

So please read and follow it. I'll post the rewrite here and it will be updated in the official rules soon. So here it is......

We will be giving a grace period for a little while.
    understood !

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why not allow “I’ll take it”?

I have a hard time understanding the objection to that.
    I think it is because posting that has no meaning in the rules of the INGO unlike some other forums. On the INGO, the seller is allowed to pick and choose who he wants to sell to. I know some boards will permanently ban you if you don't sell to the first person to agree to buy it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

I have had people on other selling formats post that and then never respond to my messages to arrange the sale. Other potential buyers assume it is sold and pass by the ad.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I’m not a classifieds user, but, my guess is because it bumps the thread, then just because you say you’ll take it doesn’t mean he’ll sell it to you. If you say you’ll take it, other people considering the ad will assume it’s been sold to you, and it’ll cost the poster from receiving anymore offers.

Top Bottom