• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I know a guy who has a lifetime permit he carries and has a domestic violence conviction. How is one to know that if they were to sell a firearm to him? I know better because I know him and that he has that conviction, but people here who ask for Indiana ID and his LTCH would get both and not know any better.
    Doesn’t matter, the seller still did his due diligence.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Choices... We each have them.
    Today I turned down purchasing a gun as the person selling requested of me to fax a copy of my DL and LTCH to him prior to meeting him for the transaction.
    I've no ill will toward this person as it's obviously they're prerogative to make said request. However... after having fought ID theft to the sum of 10s of thousands of dollars... I sure as hell am not going to throw my info out there to someone I don't know, member here or not.
    So I keep my $100 dollar bills and they keep they're gun... simple.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Today I turned down purchasing a gun as the person selling requested of me to fax a copy of my DL and LTCH to him prior to meeting him for the transaction.
    I've no ill will toward this person as it's obviously they're prerogative to make said request. However... after having fought ID theft to the sum of 10s of thousands of dollars... I sure as hell am not going to throw my info out there to someone I don't know, member here or not.
    So I keep my $100 dollar bills and they keep they're gun... simple.
    That would’ve big then a big “F no” from me, too.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    AFAIK North Dakota is the only State that ConC only applies to State residents, possibly Wyoming. "Proper" is pretty much not a prohibited possessor (lines up with USC 18 section 922) and the requirements for the Indiana LTCH.
    Most of the western states have open carry with no permit needed for anyone as long as you meet each states requirements.

Edit
    I just found this.
    Screenshot_20220325-213450_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-222354_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    I guess maybe I’m wrong, but I thought asking to see a pink was to be at least relatively sure they had passed a background check at some point? The constitutional carry still doesn’t apply to felons.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not quite right. IN, OH & AL have passed permitless carry, but not yet active. (e.g. it is still illegal to carry a pistol without a LTCH in Indiana through June 30.)

It's correct you just have to read below. Link to where I got the information.
    I edited my original post.

Top Bottom