• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I think their will be a lot of Hoosiers leaving their permits go because they don't leave the state into a state that requires a permit. Kentucky, Ohio both are constitutional carry now.
    My understanding is that in order to carry in another state you still need a permit. The constitutional carry is for the residents of that state only ?

Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    I mean it isn’t a requirement for a pink card now you can own anything without one just can’t carry ……. And it isn’t a requirement to see one…
    I guess people throwing that stipulation onto their firearm sale always seemed like they were kinda discriminating against their fellow firearms enthusiasts. Due to the reasons that you stated.

Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    My understanding is that in order to carry in another state you still need a permit. The constitutional carry is for the residents of that state only ?
    When I was visiting Vermont a few years ago, a cop told me I didn't need to worry about reciprocity, because Vermont was a Constitutional carry state.
    Now, that was from a LEO, not an attorney and I am a LEO, too and therefore can carry in all 50 but that was his take on things.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    When I was visiting Vermont a few years ago, a cop told me I didn't need to worry about reciprocity, because Vermont was a Constitutional carry state.
    Now, that was from a LEO, not an attorney and I am a LEO, too and therefore can carry in all 50 but that was his take on things.
    I looked on handgun laws usa about this and in other constitutional carry states you can carry without a permit with the exception of I think north Dakota was residents only

also not a lawyer.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I guess people throwing that stipulation onto their firearm sale always seemed like they were kinda discriminating against their fellow firearms enthusiasts. Due to the reasons that you stated.
    Wrong. It’s the best tool we have to ensure that we’re staying within the law. One lousy firearm sale isn’t worth me going to the crossbar motel. Anyone who doesn’t like it can do business with someone else. Glancing at the card and state ID is at the seller’s discretion. I fully support constitutional carry and did as much as many people here to join the effort to see it become law, but I’m not obliged to sell to just anyone.

Top Bottom