• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    Wrong. It’s the best tool we have to ensure that we’re staying within the law. One lousy firearm sale isn’t worth me going to the crossbar motel. Anyone who doesn’t like it can do business with someone else. Glancing at the card and state ID is at the seller’s discretion. I fully support constitutional carry and did as much as many people here to join the effort to see it become law, but I’m not obliged to sell to just anyone.
    You are correct. You are not obligated to sell.
    Neither is the buyer obligated to have a LTCH, after July 1st. Just saying.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I guess people throwing that stipulation onto their firearm sale always seemed like they were kinda discriminating against their fellow firearms enthusiasts. Due to the reasons that you stated.
    Just like the ones that stipulate that each party will get a Bill of Sale...

Or the ones that stipulate that the seller is paying the transfer fee....

To each their own.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    When I was visiting Vermont a few years ago, a cop told me I didn't need to worry about reciprocity, because Vermont was a Constitutional carry state.
    Now, that was from a LEO, not an attorney and I am a LEO, too and therefore can carry in all 50 but that was his take on things.
    Interesting, thanks. Like yourself I can carry in all 50 as well. Time to research and clarify.

Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    ^^^^This.....

It is amazing that so many don't seem to understand that HEA1296 does not change anything related to buying and selling firearms. Just carry.
    I completely understand that. Just a valid question for those that have required the buyer to show their LTCH for a purchase.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just curious what all the sellers in the classifieds who want to "take a quick peek at your pink card" are going to do, after July 1st.
    Same policy for me as always. Not a contributing member, LTCH/ DL, nothing recorded, or pretty much no deal. I've had to go through the FBI contact before and know how it goes. I have a clear conscience over every gun I've sold in the last 40 years because of it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ^^^^This.....

It is amazing that so many don't seem to understand that HEA1296 does not change anything related to buying and selling firearms. Just

Same policy for me as always. Not a contributing member, LTCH/ DL, nothing recorded, or pretty much no deal. I've had to go through the FBI contact before and know how it goes. I have a clear conscience over every gun I've sold in the last 40 years because of it.
    I have dealt with the Alphabets before and no worries.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In my unpopular opinion of the day: a pink card is still a requirement. It proves something that words can't. If I miss a deal because someone won't show it, that's totally cool with me.
    If you can not figure out who I am from this forum on a deal from the classies then I give up. That is one of the reasons we want active members participation. I would never consider a need to ask this if you. I have a solid idea who you are as with a couple hundred other members.
    Absolutely no knock on how one conducts their business. None what so ever.

Top Bottom