• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I LOVED the look of the Hellcat....but I hated the grip shape. Felt too square to me
    XDS? I'm a fan of Springfields.

The only issue I've ever had was a FTF when I first got my XDS 45, but that was operator error, I had to tighten up my grip on it and manhandle it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am not much of a G&$k guy.
    I own a G45,G37,G38.
    Might be ugly but never had a malfunction.

Might I suggest a S&W Sheild or 2.0 compact. They IMO are the bees knees.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    That gun is not going fully into battery. There's no way the striker could be impacting that far off-center and the gun be in battery. Be happy that it's having light strikes and not actually setting those off, because you'd be risking a nasty kaboom. I wouldn't shoot that thing again until it goes back to Glock and either gets replaced or comes back with a clean bill of health...I'd send customer service those pictures, too.

When you get it back, then decide if you're going to keep or sell it. I would fully understand not trusting even a replacement at this point, but at least you'd be selling a functional gun.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I appreciate all the suggestions but honestly I am kind of over it. Ammo is expensive! I didn't buy a friggin' Glock to do all this trouble shooting and arguing with CS.
    Man, OH Man do I get that. Earlier this year, I bought a Kahr CM9. I like DAO triggers for carry guns, and it was inexpensive: $350 new. It had every failure under the sun on the first range trip. Surprisingly, Kahr REPLACED it, and even paid shipping both ways. The replacement gun had one FTF in the first magazine, and has been rock-solid for about 700 rounds (some CD, HST, mostly ball), except the glued-on front sight flew off, but no firing problems. So that means I've spent $350 for the gun, and close to $600 (+ range time) making sure it works. Cheap gun? No such thing. And mine was fixed right (replaced) the first time. I trust the gun now, but it was not worth $1,000+.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    UPDATE

Glock responded with this:

"2 out of 100 would lead me more towards ammunition causing the issue than the firearm. It could be that the previous rounds did not cycle the slide properly."

Then I came back with the off center hits seem likely to indicate out of battery and maybe dangerous. To that he replied:

"Yes, a light off-center strike is a failure to go into battery. The firearm will not fire out of battery. A failure to go into battery is essentially a failure to feed. I say it could be ammunition related due to it only happening the 2 times. If there was an issue with the firearm or magazines it would likely happen at least one per magazine or every other magazine. However, I can bring the firearm back in for us to test more rounds through it to see if we encounter the same issue."

So now it's going back again! I'm not gonna argue with him further but there are tons of KABOOM pics online showing Glocks firing out of battery so he's clearly wrong saying it will not.

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Addendum:

Anything short of them REPLACING the gun will result in me selling this when it comes back. So I will list this gun in the INGO classifieds when it returns. I'll link this thread to that posting for full disclosure. This will cause me to lose a lot of money on the deal but I wouldn't feel right not to.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Theoretically it should not be able to discharge in that condition...the firing pin shouldn't be long enough to achieve a sufficient impact, plus you're off the center of the anvil. But I'm not one to take chances..."shouldn't" doesn't always equate to "can't".

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Addendum:

Anything short of them REPLACING the gun will result in me selling this when it comes back. So I will list this gun in the INGO classifieds when it returns. I'll link this thread to that posting for full disclosure. This will cause me to lose a lot of money on the deal but I wouldn't feel right not to.
    I did the same thing with POS SCCY CPX-2 Gen 3. Wouldn't work out of the box. CS replaced the magazines, free. Still wouldn't work. CS paid to ship it in and ship it back. I got an obscure e-mail about fixing this, adjusting that, and replacing a part or two. Same problems as it had straight out to the box. I dumped it for $75, w/full disclosure. Happy to be done with it.
    EDIT: I guess you expect this type of problem w/SCCY, and maybe Kahr. I hope you get Glock to take care of this. Properly.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Hate to hear of the problems you encountered. Hope all the issues get resolved.

My own G43X MOS is the only Glock out of the 4 I have that has never had any kind of malfunction. But it is also the one I have shot the least. Of the 4 I have it is also the one I have fired the least as well. Will probably end selling or trading it as well.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yet again a thread on why you should test your highly reputable, super reliable, (insert most reliable firearm company of your choice) firearm at least 1000rds before you trust it with your life.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    My cousin Elmo has just agreed to let me have my "old" gun back (Sig365xl) that I had sold him a few months ago. He's going to trade me that for this G43x after it comes back from Glock for the second time. He's a hell of a guy. He put a sweet Wilson Combat frame on it but as he said it's been sitting on a shelf ever since. He already has a 43X and a 48 so this will join his Glock stable. I told him he has to continue this thread and let us all know what it does for him after it comes back

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Well this does suck. Just got back from the range. 100 more rounds in. The last two mags resulted in two more light primer strikes. I got a picture of each one before I loaded them again (and of course they DID fire the 2nd time). The failures to feed are all gone now. And as with the first session I was able to hit pretty good with this gun and the sights are dead on (at least at the close 30 feet that I shoot at). But I have zero confidence in this gun when one of the light strikes were with super expensive (and well regarded) Federal HST! If the failures were ONLY with the Winchester NATO I could certainly overlook this. But as it is... View attachment 320207 View attachment 320206
    Obviously a failure to fire but not actually a light strike. Something is slowing the slide down going into battery.. Wish I were closer I'm sure it's something simple but impossible to diagnose over the net.

Top Bottom