• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Knocks on the door in the middle of the night. The screams of those being dragged away to something worse than death, and the two shots to the back of the head for those who resist your side.
    I expect the left to do this before I draw my last breath.

once people understand that “compromise “ means giving the left everything they want, accepting hard decisions becomes easier.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Has the current conservative model gained or lost ground in past 30 years?
    Let's start with Roe v. Wade being overturned.

We prayed, it happened.

Do we have election integrity?
    Yes. It's clear that even the Fox News pundits believed that all while feeding us Sydney Powell's BS.

My ancestors worked too hard to make this country for us to throw it away because we get caught up in the irresponsible rhetoric of ditzy politicians who's only goal is to gain power for themselves.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Has the current conservative model gained or lost ground in past 30 years?

What is the definition of insanity?

Do we have election integrity?

Dark days are coming.

The fact that people don't realize that the "conservative party line" is whatever the Dems were talking 10-15 years ago is honestly disconcerting. Can you imagine a 90's rural individual being told that it would one day be widely acceptable for a pedophilic drag queen to read his grandchildren a story in a publicly funded library? How about someone from the 80's?

Just for the record, I'm neither right or left in the conventional means of dem v. repub. Typically I'm a little farther right than the average person that claims to be conservative. I feel that the red side is so completely out of touch with its voter base that it keeps having trannies of color talk about conservative values. We live in a world where the majority of the voting block can't see the irony of this.

I'm just kidding mods. (Somebody show me how to make my post purple on an phone.)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The fact that people don't realize that the "conservative party line" is whatever the Dems were talking 10-15 years ago is honestly disconcerting. Can you imagine a 90's rural individual being told that it would one day be widely acceptable for a pedophilic drag queen to read his grandchildren a story in a publicly funded library? How about someone from the 80's?

Just for the record, I'm neither right or left in the conventional means of dem v. repub. Typically I'm a little farther right than the average person that claims to be conservative. I feel that the red side is so completely out of touch with its voter base that it keeps having trannies of color talk about conservative values. We live in a world where the majority of the voting block can't see the irony of this.

I'm just kidding mods. (Somebody show me how to make my post purple on an phone.)
    I hear this a lot, "what's conservative today is what was liberal a generation ago."

So, does that mean today's conservatives are on the wrong side of history?

Are we arguing that the Democratic agenda of the 80s are where we want to be? Are we saying that that conservatives of the 80s were Luddites and on the wrong side of history?

Looking back, there's a lot of issues that I certainly wouldn't want to be conservative on (e.g. slavery), but there's a lot of issues that I certain wouldn't want to be liberal on (e.g. eugenics).

I'm certainly not saying I am against the general conservative movement, and I'm certainly not leaving that camp, but...

It seems that the extremes of both parties are driving - one side with hyper-LGBTQIA agenda, and the other with seemingly amazing level of intolerance for anything that even smells of "wokeness", e.g. MTG's outrage over a song at the Superbowl.

During the height of "cancel culture" (is it waning?) Mike Rowe said that if he had a time machine he would go back in time, but go forward. Then he could see where society had shifted. While I'd like to think I don't pin my moral compass on the wanderings of society, it at least gave me pause.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    I hear this a lot, "what's conservative today is what was liberal a generation ago."

So, does that mean today's conservatives are on the wrong side of history?
    Yes. However, I would like to reject the framing of "the wrong side of history" altogether. It's a stupid narrative. There is simply morality in so far as western values and immorality. Both parties are so far from being moral at this stage that we can't even have a conversation about being a reasonable society without shifting or at least being comfortable speaking outside the Overton window. Not to mention the divide between the two is effectively directly oppositional amongst the actual people.

The conservative movement has always been the meek "let's find the middle ground" party. They conserve nothing. I'm not saying this to belittle any conservatives, it's a perfectly reasonable position to have amongst a homogenous society that is arguing in the best interest of society and not toward a destruction of the west agenda. This has and never will be the case in red vs blue though. The red party is there to make you think someone is doing something in your favor. It's there to make you say, " Well, at least it isn't as bad as it could be. We'll just have to vote harder next time." The blue party has been a runaway train since the mid 1800's and has only been slowed by conservatism. Never stopped.

I also have to reject wholly the idea that slavery was a conservative value. There's enough history that the government education conveniently glosses over or completely ignores to fill a library of Congress. Lincoln was a dictator and a tyrant and didn't actually want to free the slaves. He wanted to ship them back until he died from acute lead poisoning.
    Our history is pretty dark and that part of it in particular was terrible, however 11/13 originals attempted to ban slavery outright in our declaration of independence to the then king. Before this was signed however, the first order of business was to ensure 100% agreement on the documents contents so as to prevent said king from worming his way into the colonies through a weak link who didn't get what they wanted. The first drafts actually have a scathing rebuke of slavery, but they don't teach that publicly.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    But "divorcing" red/blue is a laughably juvenile notion with 0 chance of ever becoming reality.
    With that attitude it sure is.

Look, I realize that practical issues likely preclude any reasonable chance of the USA splitting into smaller countries.

Still, I wish the conversation would move past the point of "anyone who even remotely suggests splitting up the country is either an attention-seeking idiot or a poisonous, hateful, vile traitor." What harm can come of reasonably entertaining the idea? What would happen if reasonable people started seeking a separation of states, but when confronted with the practical impossibility of this idea, instead turned the conversation to creating a system where the states became, to the fullest extent possible, independent entities, but maintained an agreement that there would be some sort of central government in charge only of those things dictated by absolute, practical necessity?

Hey, this is starting to sound a lot like the country our founders envisioned, isn't it? And that really doesn't sound so bad to me.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    With that attitude it sure is.

Look, I realize that practical issues likely preclude any reasonable chance of the USA splitting into smaller countries.

Still, I wish the conversation would move past the point of "anyone who even remotely suggests splitting up the country is either an attention-seeking idiot or a poisonous, hateful, vile traitor." What harm can come of reasonably entertaining the idea? What would happen if reasonable people started seeking a separation of states, but when confronted with the piratical impossibility of this idea, instead turned the conversation to creating a system where the states became, to the fullest extent possible, independent entities, but maintained an agreement that there would be some sort of central government in charge only of those things dictated by absolute, practical necessity?

Hey, this is starting to sound a lot like the country our founders envisioned, isn't it? And that really doesn't sound so bad to me.
    There are already states separating from the United States I believe the term “quiet quitting” applies like “quiet succession” because states like ny ca il have all but shredded the constitution which our country is based on. And they also are skirting federal laws like weed.

But this “divorce” idea because brought up by a conservative is awful even though these states and others have essentially already separated.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Who is that strapping young man in your fantasy meme? Are you sure that he is your friend?

I'm kinda curious how 65+ year old men shaking their fists at the computer screen will fare once the "divorce" happens, their Medicare and Social Security is gone and the young, well armed man with "no rules of engagement" wants their last pound of bacon.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who is that strapping young man in your fantasy meme? Are you sure that he is your friend?

I'm kinda curious how 65+ year old men shaking their fists at the computer screen will fare once the "divorce" happens, their Medicare and Social Security is gone and the young, well armed man with "no rules of engagement" wants their last pound of bacon.
    About as well as you expect. I have asked before here, why is the default end result to blowing it all up always what the guy posting wants the outcome to be? Has to be a name for that line of thinking.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Knocks on the door in the middle of the night. The screams of those being dragged away to something worse than death, and the two shots to the back of the head for those who resist your side.
    "And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? [...] The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!" -Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago (Chapter 1 "Arrest")

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

"Sgt Maj Tomahawk!"

Top Bottom