• ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    As an aside, I don't know what pistol she had, but loaded with just one round, I would love to see her shoot it with that grip.

I'm thinking that needs to be called the Martini grip, or maybe the Chardonnay grip.

At first glance, her stance looked like she was holding a drink rather than a pistol.:):

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    OK, it's not an HOA, it's an... SOA...?? Whatevs.

Our HOA owns a tennis court, but I won't want to go to (superior) court because I "defended" from outsiders coming to play a few sets.

In this case, I think the barefoots would be on shak(ier) ground for firing on persons in the street versus in their yard. That's the only point I'm making.

They are two different legal entities. A street association is essentially autonomous from the surrounding municipality. They are even responsible for their own municipal services. They are truly private. An HOA community is not. Legally, an HOA can't prevent you from driving or walking through their community. Legally, a street association can.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I believe flashbangs would've been applicable if they were trespassing but Mo law might not allow that plus they are hard on the grass.(purple implied but not expressed for those that think I am serious) as I am

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am more of a sit on the steps with my rifle kind of guy...and I would not have been jawboning with them.

Don't get out of the boat. Never leave the boat.

Reinforce the doors. Deploy fire extinguishes off the wall and near you. Buckets of water around the house.

People shoot at you because they can see you. Go inside, stay hidden.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't get out of the boat. Never leave the boat.

Reinforce the doors. Deploy fire extinguishes off the wall and near you. Buckets of water around the house.

People shoot at you because they can see you. Go inside, stay hidden.

That would be very sound advice had this "lefty mob" be armed*, rather than marching by with cameras in their hands.

* Of course, CC is a possibility.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That would be very sound advice had this "lefty mob" be armed*, rather than marching by with cameras in their hands.

* Of course, CC is a possibility.

Certain they had guns, but you can use language in a non-literal sense, much to the anger and dismay of INGO.

Go inside don't make yourself the center of attention. Stay there.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    . Actually no. Her gun handling and the look on that mug. Somebody is about to get shot if they get into her flower beds.....

And I have zero problem with that.

. Look, if you want to "stand on your rights" as I hear 145 times a day, then you need to spell "Meye Ryeeettts!" correctly

Here here! Neanderthals.

Sis used to manage the cleaning crew in a tower in downtown St. Louis. Every day in the summer the whole security detail would gather in the ground floor lobby to stare down the "protestors" as they went by, setting trash cans on fire and knocking over mailboxes, etc. on their way down to stop traffic on 70 again. And the city just kept on letting them do it.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Look, if you want to "stand on your rights" as I hear 145 times a day, then you need to spell "Meye Ryeeettts!" correctly.

I was actually referring to my Scottish Rites.

If I want to race up and down Hough's private road on my go-kart wearing a Fez, I should totally be allowed.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Police investigating armed couple in St. Louis are considering the incident ‘fourth-degree assault by intimidation’ — by the protesters

Anders Walker, a constitutional law professor at St. Louis University, said that although it’s “very dangerous” to engage protesters with guns, the homeowners broke no laws by brandishing or pointing weapons at them because Portland Place is a private street. He said they are legally protected by Missouri’s Castle Doctrine, which allows people to use deadly force to defend private property.

“The protesters thought they had a right to protest,” Walker said. “But as a technical matter, they were not allowed to be there … It’s essentially a private estate. If anyone was violating the law, it was the protesters. In fact if (the McCloskeys) have photos of the protesters, they could go after them for trespassing.”

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Certain they had guns, but you can use language in a non-literal sense, much to the anger and dismay of INGO.

Go inside don't make yourself the center of attention. Stay there.

I am sure they'd be able to escape from a burning house with little to no harm. Maybe. Perhaps. Kinda sorta.

Top Bottom