• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    First of all, as will come as no surprise to anyone, I endorse the khakis. Especially here as they have the proper amount of pockets for non-militia drill weekends.

I'm not a polo shirt guy, but I'll let that slide.

I am more of a sit on the steps with my rifle kind of guy...and I would not have been jawboning with them.

If my wife's gun-handling resembled that of someone who may have once, a long time ago, had been to a range....I'm not so sure I would want her there with me. My actual wife, on the other hand, she gets the other AR.

As an aside, I don't know what pistol she had, but loaded with just one round, I would love to see her shoot it with that grip.

She reminds me of a Londoner that got roped into a bank robbery, and being a true Brit, never handled gun before.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Maybe, I'm unclear, but who owns that street? Is it owned by an association?

The residents own the street. It is a Private Street. (I linked information about St. Louis Private Streets, above or perhaps in the other thread.) The homeowners own all the land, including streets and sidewalks.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    The residents own the street. It is a Private Street. (I linked information about St. Louis Private Streets, above or perhaps in the other thread.) The homeowners own all the land, including streets and sidewalks.

Yeah, but every home owner's name isn't listed on the deed. It's got to be the HOA that they are a part of or something similar.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, but every home owner's name isn't listed on the deed. It's got to be the HOA that they are a part of or something similar.

It doesn't have to be the HOA, because there is no HOA. There is a street association, comprised of all of the homeowners.

It is not a case where a "street association" is just another name for an HOA. They are entirely different entities, with entirely different ownership of the property in question.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I think Chip is saying the homeowner (singular) owns the street in front of their house, but it's usage is like an easement.

I own the sidewalk in front of my house, but there's right-of-way laws concerning it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    It doesn't have to be the HOA, because there is no HOA. There is a street association, comprised of all of the homeowners.

It is not a case where a "street association" is just another name for an HOA. They are entirely different entities, with entirely different ownership of the property in question.

I get there is no HOA now...you were posting same time I was.

I was just getting at the point that the street is owned by an association, not an individual. Therefore, the question is when is the association able to use deadly force? Who within the association is allowed to do the trigger pulling?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think Chip is saying the homeowner (singular) owns the street in front of their house, but it's usage is like an easement.

I own the sidewalk in front of my house, but there's right-of-way laws concerning it.

I don't think I'm saying that. I don't know if that's true or not. I assume the "common" areas are jointly owned by all members of the street association.

I get there is no HOA now...you were posting same time I was.

I was just getting at the point that the street is owned by an association, not an individual. Therefore, the question is when is the association able to use deadly force? Who within the association is allowed to do the trigger pulling?

The "association" is all homeowners (and I assume there is all manner of attendant legal paperwork when buying into property in a Private Street). And in Missouri, the way the statute is written, it makes no difference:

(3) Such force is used against a person who unlawfully enters, remains after unlawfully entering, or attempts to unlawfully enter private property that is owned or leased by an individual, or is occupied by an individual who has been given specific authority by the property owner to occupy the property, claiming a justification of using protective force under this section.

All homeowners fall under the highlighted part of the clause.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think I'm saying that. I don't know if that's true or not. I assume the "common" areas are jointly owned by all members of the street association.

The "association" is all homeowners (and I assume there is all manner of attendant legal paperwork when buying into property in a Private Street). And in Missouri, the way the statute is written, it makes no difference:

(3) Such force is used against a person who unlawfully enters, remains after unlawfully entering, or attempts to unlawfully enter private property that is owned or leased by an individual, or is occupied by an individual who has been given specific authority by the property owner to occupy the property, claiming a justification of using protective force under this section.

All homeowners fall under the highlighted part of the clause.

OK, it's not an HOA, it's an... SOA...?? Whatevs.

Our HOA owns a tennis court, but I won't want to go to (superior) court because I "defended" from outsiders coming to play a few sets.

In this case, I think the barefoots would be on shak(ier) ground for firing on persons in the street versus in their yard. That's the only point I'm making.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    YouTube has a bigger crisp picture of the two but I cant seem to link here. In any case the male does not have his finger on the trigger. What I did notice is he may be left handed as it's his left hand on trigger. Just a note.

In any case what my post is really about is hearing/eye protection, extra magainzes, etc. If they indeed had to use the ar and ??? Pistol?? On that large mob I'm not sure 1 magazine is enough. Plus shooting the ar like that is going to hurt your ears.

So what exactly do you guys have prepared for this?
    Clearly shoes!
    But do you have a rig, ready to go with extra mags? Earplugs at hand, etc??? Just wondering.

Heck yes I do. Chest rig is ready to go if things get hairy quickly. I do need to put some ear pro nearby, as that's generally kept in the range bag.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They promised they would come to thay neighohood and start trouble so I guess they are getting the response they asked for.

Actions have consequences.
    They are going to get much more of this JUSTIFIABLE response in places they think they are free to attack.
    They were hoping for free reign to destroy, this should be a wakeup call. You better watch the **** out.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe those are some rich liberals who just bought their guns last week? :dunno:

Epiphany on gun control?

Hopefully they will listen to those suggesting training to learn proper firearms handling.

All that said, GOOD FOR THEM. We need more of this!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know anything about the St. Louis street situation. However, myself and my neighbors own the private road which services our homes. We all own an undivided share. This means that we all own all of it, not the portion in front of our residence. Each of us can give permission for guests to use it. No one, other that the owners or our guests have permission to use it, including the public.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I don't know anything about the St. Louis street situation. However, myself and my neighbors own the private road which services our homes. We all own an undivided share. This means that we all own all of it, not the portion in front of our residence. Each of us can give permission for guests to use it. No one, other that the owners or our guests have permission to use it, including the public.

Now I just want to drive on your street to see what happens.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Now I just want to drive on your street to see what happens.

We, NWI INGO, tolerate HoughMade because he lives near us. However if you want to come on up and visit us. I'm sure we can get NWI INGO members to have a street meet & eat where ever HoughMade lives so we can all test this out. Da valpo scumb comes to lake county all the time and then leaves to the fresh air of porter county. He needs to pay Da Lake County Tax I think. :p

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We, NWI INGO, tolerate HoughMade because he lives near us. However if you want to come on up and visit us. I'm sure we can get NWI INGO members to have a street meet & eat where ever HoughMade lives so we can all test this out. Da valpo scumb comes to lake county all the time and then leaves to the fresh air of porter county. He needs to pay Da Lake County Tax I think. :p

https://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/DR_pubs/DR_a/pdf/web/ARN2734_TC 3-22x90 FINAL WEB.pdf

I have the hard copy....for a reason.

Top Bottom