• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    What is a great weapon with virtually unlimited ammo, good take down power (at least with small game and giants) and is almost silent? The answer: a slingshot. This review is of the Survival Slingshot. This Survival Slingshot takes the age old slingshot into the 21st century with the ability to add accessories. For this test, though, we focused on its primary function, shooting steel shot.

[video=youtube;4kK40FsZQaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kK40FsZQaI[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Boy, that is one fancy slingshot. I've got a collapsible wrist-rocket in both my vehicles. It is truly a "weapon of last resort" at present.

One of mine wrist rockets extends out paste my hand a bit and it is a freaking missile launcher. It is not as accurate as the standard one.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    One of mine wrist rockets extends out paste my hand a bit and it is a freaking missile launcher. It is not as accurate as the standard one.

I haven't practiced with mine for years; I bought it as a SHTF alternative when I couldn't have a firearm on military installations. It's still a viable SHTF alternative. While you have to worry about the bands deteriorating or breaking, "ammo" is everywhere. Wish I knew how to use the ancient "sling," though; practically "unbreakable."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't practiced with mine for years; I bought it as a SHTF alternative when I couldn't have a firearm on military installations. It's still a viable SHTF alternative. While you have to worry about the bands deteriorating or breaking, "ammo" is everywhere. Wish I knew how to use the ancient "sling," though; practically "unbreakable."

Yes, the surgical tubing will dry rot over time.

I need to look at mine just to see.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I like the opening.

There is a German guy on Youtube who is really into sling shots. Let me see if I can find him for you guys. He loves building stuff and then shooting stuff with it.

Ah, found it. Joerg Sprave. Make sure you see his gatling sling shot.

[video=youtube;Ia0wYvmEGkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0wYvmEGkU[/video]

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I love slingshots, and practically anything that creates projectiles. I think it stems from my childhood years as a baseball pitcher. Bows, slingshots, throwing stars, whatever. I never got as good with any of them as a baseball, but find it a lot of fun to try.

So I got real excited about this survival slingshot, until I saw that it can't even penetrate a two liter. That doesn't sound like an adult slingshot to me. Joerg can make a better slingshot with rubber bands and paper clips I think.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Granted, no one wants to get pinged in the forehead with a ballbearing. Having said that, if you are in a situation where you have gone through your AR and sidearm, are you apt to pull out the slingshot? Why not a good slippering?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the opening.

There is a German guy on Youtube who is really into sling shots. Let me see if I can find him for you guys. He loves building stuff and then shooting stuff with it.

OK....now I really can quit.....I will never ever again look at a sling shot the same way.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    This is one of those things that has been around for years for bowfishermen. Then I saw Canterbury come out with basically the same thing. Now this. It's the third incarnation of the same thing. Truth it, it's supposed to work pretty darn well for bowfishing. I'd assume it would work just fine for hunting.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I like the opening.

Didn't this dude make an Oreo shotgun too?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No disrespect, but it always creeps me out watching YouTubes of folks hiding their identity.

Dave was on to this a few years back.

[video=youtube_share;NGIcCRJGYug]http://youtu.be/NGIcCRJGYug[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom