• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I mentioned the weekend they had 54 shootings in Chicago. His response? "Oh, those were just gang-bangers..." Fellas, I could have mentioned that it might have been one of his kids caught in the crossfire; I could have mentioned that the police don't have any legal responsibility to "protect" him, but I just wrote it off as a bad job and changed the subject. He's a nice guy, but he's a sheep.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The bottom line for me is that the Police are NOT REQUIRED TO PROTECT YOU. This has been proven, time and time again. Sure, good Police officers will do their best when given the opportunity, but their only duty is to enforce the law. That means drawing chalk around your body and trying to find the persons who made you dead. (Of course they don't actually draw with chalk, but its a powerful image.)

Police Have No Duty to Protect Individuals

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I lived in Chicago proper for 9 years. I work in Chicago every day. One of my best friends is Chicago LEO. Everyone says Chicago cops are against citizens having guns, I will be the first to tell you, that is not the case. According to my friend, the cops want and need all the help they can get. He says get a gun, and protect yourself, and your property. He had some things to say about the new Chicago handgun law that I cannot print here.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I remember a few years ago I was called to a disturbance involving a repo man and a home owner. The tow driver was there to repo a car but it was in the garage. The driver told me that he was down from Chicago and was here to repo a vehicle. Of course he did not have a writ of replevin from a judge (they never do). So this driver goes up to the door and knocks. When the homeowner answers, the driver demands the vehicle. The homeowner (a woman I believe) tells him to pound sand. He tells her that he isn't leaving without the vehicle. Without ever opening the security door, she pulls a rifle that was sitting next to the door and holds it at her side, she tells him that he needs to get off her property (never points it). That is when he called 911. I told him that without a writ, I cannot help. He was very upset with the homeowner holding a rifle and was sure it was illegal to do so. I kinda chuckled and informed him that this ain't Chicago and that we here in Indiana take our property rights a bit more seriously, she had every right to protect herself, she was alone and he was quite aggressive/intimidating. I told him him that he is better off going back to Chicago and leaving this lady alone. Later when I talked to the lady, she showed me the rifle...it was a bb gun, quite a bluff. Those darn Chicagoans, not used to the concept of self protection.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm going to give my wife's cousin, and other older folks who grew up in Chicago in the 40s, 50s and early 60s an alibi. Their attitudes were shaped by the relative lack of crime and the cohesiveness of neighborhoods when they grew up. People didn't need to lock doors, and if a kid got caught shoplifting, his parents would beat him worse than the store clerk. Neighbors would visit each other frequently and didn't lock their doors. Of course, times and societal mores have changed, but some people don't see the need to change with the times.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If for some strange reason I ever turn to a life of violent crime, I'm going to Chicago, where my victims won't be armed. Because hey, guns are bad.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A lot of folks are used to handing responsibility over to someone else and this is no different. Need oil changed? Take the car to the dealer. Need health care? Look to the government to provide it. Crappy at driving? Buy a car that parks itself for you. Need protection? Call the police.

We're a coddled society that is used to delegating the un-fun stuff to others. Chicago is the epitome of that kind of thinking. On a positive note: If the SHTF, the sharks will have a feeding frenzy in Chicago and will be less inclined to venture south east.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There was a guy at the Indy 1500 from chicago i talked to about carrying, he refuses to go anywhere unarmed (this was during the habdgun ban). Breaking chicagos handgun law, yes, protecting him and his family while upholding the second amendment, yes. He mentioned he would rather have a felony charge than be dead, I couldnt agree more!

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I mentioned the weekend they had 54 shootings in Chicago. His response? "Oh, those were just gang-bangers..." Fellas, I could have mentioned that it might have been one of his kids caught in the crossfire; I could have mentioned that the police don't have any legal responsibility to "protect" him, but I just wrote it off as a bad job and changed the subject. He's a nice guy, but he's a sheep.

Now see heres the problem 54 shootings because all those bad people had those evil guns.:laugh:

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'm going to give my wife's cousin, and other older folks who grew up in Chicago in the 40s, 50s and early 60s an alibi. Their attitudes were shaped by the relative lack of crime and the cohesiveness of neighborhoods when they grew up. People didn't need to lock doors, and if a kid got caught shoplifting, his parents would beat him worse than the store clerk. Neighbors would visit each other frequently and didn't lock their doors. Of course, times and societal mores have changed, but some people don't see the need to change with the times.

It was the same here, they don't get a pass. The fact is liberal thinking, not a sense of security that makes them act that way. I have a couple people at my office that just can't imagine why anyone should own a gun, This isn't the wild west you know!

Top Bottom