• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I think a mix, I know you said not to say both buy that's just how I am. 2 really nice ARs in 5.56, 2 in 308, then a good number of PSAs. The quality to price on modern PSA is unmatched. I really think PSA is undervalued by people bases on past assumptions or being stuck in the mindset that cheap = inexpensive.

But being inexpensive, like PSA, does not mean cheap quality.

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    I think a mix, I know you said not to say both buy that's just how I am. 2 really nice ARs in 5.56, 2 in 308, then a good number of PSAs. The quality to price on modern PSA is unmatched. I really think PSA is undervalued by people bases on past assumptions or being stuck in the mindset that cheap = inexpensive.

But being inexpensive, like PSA, does not mean cheap quality.
    I think it also depends on what the rifle is for. A range gun doesn’t necessarily mean duty/work gun and vice versa. I have plenty of range toys that I love to shoot but would never trust my life to.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I think it also depends on what the rifle is for. A range gun doesn’t necessarily mean duty/work gun and vice versa. I have plenty of range toys that I love to shoot but would never trust my life to.
    Absolutely. I've just recently realized I have way more fun stuff than serious things so I'm attempting to remedy this fairly quickly.

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    How can I come up with an extra $6K to spend that wouldn't make the Mrs. kill me? Lol
    Hahaha that always seems to be my issues. I’m glad my wife doesn’t know much about firearms bc she things they all cost the same… all I quote is KAC and LMT so as long as I keep her out of gun stores I’ll be good. Now convincing her I needed NODs took some work.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Hahaha that always seems to be my issues. I’m glad my wife doesn’t know much about firearms bc she things they all cost the same… all I quote is KAC and LMT so as long as I keep her out of gun stores I’ll be good. Now convincing her I needed NODs took some work.
    I'm lucky mine doesn't listen at all because I'm dumb enough to say prices all the time when watching videos in the car or something.

If she would listen and associate the cost to the brand at all I'd be in serious trouble.

But since she doesn't I recently got a build of LMT/Vltor/Criterion/FCD for about $500. And my V Seven lightweight build only cost $1k! What bargains.

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    I'm lucky mine doesn't listen at all because I'm dumb enough to say prices all the time when watching videos in the car or something.

If she would listen and associate the cost to the brand at all I'd be in serious trouble.

But since she doesn't I recently got a build of LMT/Vltor/Criterion/FCD for about $500. And my V Seven lightweight build only cost $1k! What bargains.
    First off, that’s impressive you found those brands for such a good deal. I figured since all I quote is higher end stuff I’m good. She doesn’t know there are cheaper options out there.

I actually speak to Nick Wantland from VLTOR on a regular basis (couple times a week). Great company and he is just simply a great human. Your builds sound nice!

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Won't say what's right for you but if you end up stocking up on budget minded rifles like psa I would go through every part and make sure everything is torqued to spec , staked

Grab a sprinco extractor spring kit , toss in a quality buffer spring and tune the buffer system ....cheap upgrades that'll help keep it running. Jmo

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I guess it depends on use i dont take the $$ gun out in the rain or if know will be going thru alot of brush, some folks do. I just dont want to degrade a nice gun when my cheapos will do the job.

Top Bottom