A Black Knight is born…. (Pinstriper). Lots of pics!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I don’t have much time as life and work have me completely bogged down (have been slammed for the last 8 months). That said, I wanted to share pics as this pistol is a really special one to me.

This is the first custom gun I ever ordered… literally this is the custom that got me into customs. A lot has changed over the years… however the look of this pistol (at least to me), is timeless. The fact that I only had to add a Chen magwell to it after many years only solidified this in my mind.

The Chambers Custom Black Knight Pinstriper takes two of Joes signature builds and puts them together…. And imo really displays the best of what Joe does.

I’ll quickly highlight some of its feature and some things that make it a bit different than most. It’s a tri top 38 super with 9mm switch barrel. The pistol features Chambers signature stipple work with Aztec cuts on the top, msh, and front strap. The stirrup cuts are somewhat angled to make the front look almost octagon like! You will see a flawless front sight blend with gold front line, and a non dovetailed buried and protected rear sight that sits perfectly atop the rear of the slide.

Nitre blued small pins and all the blending you would expect make this 1911 looks like one continuous piece of beauty. The internals of the gun are represented in a way that you would expect of a custom gun of this quality…

I would be remiss not to mention the enhanced cocking serrations that look perfect with this style of pistol… oh, and the pinstripes… maybe not for everybody, but it’s hard to say they don’t look perfectly elegant on this 1911! In the words of a forum buddy of mine: “Chambers builds one of the most custom feeling guns I’ve handled”. I would certainly agree with that statement! Bravo Joe.

I got her out to the range and shot about 200 rounds of 9mm. Because of the way the barrel is fit, the spring rates Joe uses, and the additional weight of his guns, this 9mm shoots so so soft and extremely flat.

As most people here know, I could go on and on, but I figure I’ll let the pictures do the talking!

Enjoy!

IMG_2745.jpeg
    IMG_2754.jpeg
    IMG_2746.jpeg
    IMG_2750.jpeg
    IMG_2756.jpeg IMG_2763.jpeg IMG_2764.jpeg IMG_2759.jpeg IMG_2760.jpeg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    There are not words to adequately describe what the pictures show...and they say pictures are often worth a thousand words!
    Love the 'textured' vs 'polished' contrasts on the pistol...that blending is both eloquent as well as classy looking!
    Custom builds can cost more than a few $$...but one cannot put a cash price on how nicely they shoot!
    Congratulations...that's a thing of beauty!

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    While I am not a huge fan of 1911's (and I have shot quite a few)...I just have to say:
    DAYUM, that is a sexy lead slinger and I would be proud as hell to carry that one. Congratulations.

Looking at the back end of that, I can see the super close tolerances for the slide to rail fit.
    Beautiful work!

Last edited:

Zeb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2020
    Portland
    I don’t have much time as life and work have me completely bogged down (have been slammed for the last 8 months). That said, I wanted to share pics as this pistol is a really special one to me.

This is the first custom gun I ever ordered… literally this is the custom that got me into customs. A lot has changed over the years… however the look of this pistol (at least to me), is timeless. The fact that I only had to add a Chen magwell to it after many years only solidified this in my mind.

The Chambers Custom Black Knight Pinstriper takes two of Joes signature builds and puts them together…. And imo really displays the best of what Joe does.

I’ll quickly highlight some of its feature and some things that make it a bit different than most. It’s a tri top 38 super with 9mm switch barrel. The pistol features Chambers signature stipple work with Aztec cuts on the top, msh, and front strap. The stirrup cuts are somewhat angled to make the front look almost octagon like! You will see a flawless front sight blend with gold front line, and a non dovetailed buried and protected rear sight that sits perfectly atop the rear of the slide.

Nitre blued small pins and all the blending you would expect make this 1911 looks like one continuous piece of beauty. The internals of the gun are represented in a way that you would expect of a custom gun of this quality…

I would be remiss not to mention the enhanced cocking serrations that look perfect with this style of pistol… oh, and the pinstripes… maybe not for everybody, but it’s hard to say they don’t look perfectly elegant on this 1911! In the words of a forum buddy of mine: “Chambers builds one of the most custom feeling guns I’ve handled”. I would certainly agree with that statement! Bravo Joe.

I got her out to the range and shot about 200 rounds of 9mm. Because of the way the barrel is fit, the spring rates Joe uses, and the additional weight of his guns, this 9mm shoots so so soft and extremely flat.

As most people here know, I could go on and on, but I figure I’ll let the pictures do the talking!

Enjoy!

View attachment 292268
    View attachment 292269
    View attachment 292270
    View attachment 292271
    View attachment 292272 View attachment 292273 View attachment 292274 View attachment 292275 View attachment 292276
    Now thats a piece of art.

Top Bottom