• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Cool sunglasses... If tv has taught me anything, it's that the feds have a tremendous budget for sunglasses.

stmvEaa.gif

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    And how exactly is this different from a building or a house guarded by a couple of locks full of NFA weapons, ammo and suppressors? One might be harder to break into and commit a theft than the other, but in the end, theft is theft no matter how hard it was. Do you live in Fort Knox? If so I guess you and all the other security experts on here can take us to school about how you have never had anything broken into, stolen or vandalized.

This is not about theft, it is about people leaving machineguns unsecured. I would be pissed that they were left this way even had these criminal geniuses not stumbled on them.

I believe there is a moral obligation to keep weapons secured from criminals. Profire had already suffered a similar theft, but apparently felt called to continue on rather than get up early. YMMV.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    This is not about theft, it is about people leaving machineguns unsecured. I would be pissed that they were left this way even had these criminal geniuses not stumbled on them.

I believe there is a moral obligation to keep weapons secured from criminals. YMMV.

You are being quite disingenuous...they were secured, just not to your liking.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified

I believe there is a moral obligation to keep weapons secured from criminals. Profire had already suffered a similar theft, but apparently felt called to continue on rather than get up early. YMMV.

This isn't about theft? Are you serious? Tell that to Scott Maxie, RIP.

Since this is a "moral" issue for you, break down how you store your firearms.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Are you expecting him to reply with: "in a parking lot, behind walls made of 22ga sheetmetal and 3mm luan, and a sign on the side that makes sure everyone knows there's guns in there"?

No, I was actually hoping for "There but for the grace of God, goes Fargo" to illustrate for all of us how much better he stores his evil NFA items, if he even owns any. Maybe you can fill in for him?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    To me, making something secure would mean making it impossible to aquire it without knowingly disabling any type of restraints or obstacles such as walls, locks, chains. Therefore I think the guns were secured and there is no legal fault in Profire's actions because there was no way that thieves were going to get these guns without committing several crimes.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This isn't about theft? Are you serious? Tell that to Scott Maxie, RIP.

Since this is a "moral" issue for you, break down how you store your firearms.

Shockingly, I don't broadcast that on the internet, but I can tell you it is not in a trailer behind my business the day after I advertise on the internet that I'm bringing out machineguns...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wish we could start a poll mid thread, something like:

What do you think about the Profire theft:

a) I want the thieves held responsible, but it's fair to discuss whether the guns were adequately secured under the circumstances;

b) Sure prosecute the thieves, but leaving the guns like that should result in license discipline or criminal charges;

c) Since determined thieves can steal anything they want, any time, any where, it doesn't matter how the guns were secured;

d) Members of the gun community should never be questioned about anything....unless they're cops.

e) bacon

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Shockingly, I don't broadcast that on the internet, but I can tell you it is not in a trailer behind my business the day after I advertise on the internet that I'm bringing out machineguns...

Yes, and not so shockingly you broadcast your opinion about how everyone else should do what they do.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I wish we could start a poll mid thread, something like:

What do you think about the Profire theft:

a) I want the thieves held responsible, but it's fair to discuss whether the guns were adequately secured under the circumstances;

b) Sure prosecute the thieves, but leaving the guns like that should result in license discipline or criminal charges;

c) Since determined thieves can steal anything they want, any time, any where, it doesn't matter how the guns were secured;

d) Members of the gun community should never be questioned about anything....unless they're cops.

e) bacon

Gotta be multiple choice though.

A,E.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Are there really that many methhead towtruck drivers out there? Do I need to build another garage for my trailer?

Edit: I know most methheads around here have either a scooter or a very, very crappy car.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Are there really that many methhead towtruck drivers out there? Do I need to build another garage for my trailer?

Edit: I know most methheads around here have either a scooter or a very, very crappy car.

Yes, inside of a vault down in a bunker, or you will have blood on your hands.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010

There are a lot more out there than you think. And from the looks of it there are enough out there to snag this trailer - as a target of opportunity NOT a premeditated theft.

Not to mention a methhead doesn't need to own a truck, just borrow one from work. (or steal one... they are thieves...)

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I'm coming from that I really don't think that people should leave machineguns out like this and I am really shocked that so many gun owners are hell bent on defending and encouraging this sort of behavior.

I have no axe to grind against profire; I have never had a negative dealing with them or any dealing for that matter.

I do have a problem with them repeatedly leaving NFA items out in vehicles overnight. If affects my rights, my safety, and my tax dollars when dealers let machineguns and cans go out into the street with NO good reason for not having them better secured.

I don't want to get up early is NOT a freaking excuse.

For so many of the self-righteous on here, let's hope that you are granted more empathy than you are giving when you make a mistake. And don't be smug about it - sooner or later, you WILL make a mistake.

Top Bottom