• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Actually, I went with your comment above. What other security does many/most contractor's trailers have that this one didn't?

A quarter million dollars worth of NFA weapons, ammo, and suppressors....in the trailer....guarded by a couple of locks?

Not how I would do it. Legal sure.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    clifford-helm-and-linda-panken-mug.jpg

Doesn't quite fit your stereotype does it?

I was thinking more like -

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Actually, I went with your comment above. What other security does many/most contractor's trailers have that this one didn't?

Trailers with may be a couple of grand it tools in them normally get pulled into a bay, back home and parked in a garage, or at least behind a fence adjacent to an occupied residence.

I've never dealt with a construction trailer with 3/4 a million dollars in it, but I'm guessing is even more secure...

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Trailers with may be a couple of grand it tools in them normally get pulled into a bay, back home and parked in a garage, or at least behind a fence adjacent to an occupied residence.

I've never dealt with a construction trailer with 3/4 a million dollars in it, but I'm guessing is even more secure...

Guessing. Right, got it.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    It's clear he thought that was enough security. I guess he didn't think about that all it would take is a freaking can opener to go through the side of the trailer.

Yeah or someone tossing a brick through a window and taking things out of the building, like a safe full of NFA items.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Now I'm afraid since the news said the crooks "sold the guns", that they're on their way to Mexico! I know our Leo's are working this hard so I hope they find them before that or worse happens.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It's clear he thought that was enough security. I guess he didn't think about that all it would take is a freaking can opener to go through the side of the trailer.

Not saying it was adequate (clearly it was not), just posting it in response to the accusatory tone in the "how do you know what security measures were in place?" question. Andrew has stated publicly how the trailer was secured. Also worth noting that the thieves did not go through the side of the trailer. It was intact and re-locked when found*.

*Information gathered from news reports and photos, not first hand knowledge.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Now I'm afraid since the news said the crooks "sold the guns", that they're on their way to Mexico! I know our Leo's are working this hard so I hope they find them before that or worse happens.

Hey man the DOJ knows the way! See if Eric Holder can lend a hand before these weapons make it to Mexcio City

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    To all that are complaing about the security, you do realize you are using the same argument that most anti-gun, MDA members use. They want laws that enforce trigger locks, safes, and removal of bolts, etc.. Basically how/where/when we can store our firearms in our own homes/place of business. Think of the children.

I don't leave my firearms out in a vehicle overnight because of personal reasons... but I don't want anyone telling me that I couldn't do so (If I so desired).

As long as the storage that Profire had was legal, I place full blame on the criminals that stole them.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

I would think some of the big U.S. cities, do the Cartels south of the border have issues getting weapons?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To all that are complaing about the security, you do realize you are using the same argument that most anti-gun, MDA members use....

Good point. Anti gunners also want to mandate training, so to stick it to them, we ought to all refuse to get any training whatsoever.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    To all that are complaing about the security, you do realize you are using the same argument that most anti-gun, MDA members use. They want laws that enforce trigger locks, safes, and removal of bolts, etc.. Basically how/where/when we can store our firearms in our own homes/place of business. Think of the children.

I don't leave my firearms out in a vehicle overnight because of personal reasons... but I don't want anyone telling me that I couldn't do so (If I so desired).

As long as the storage that Profire had was legal, I place full blame on the criminals that stole them.

Exactly right...I thought for sure I saw a few individuals being ran off of Kroger's property not long ago that resembled a few posting members on this thread..

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    A quarter million dollars worth of NFA weapons, ammo, and suppressors....in the trailer....guarded by a couple of locks?

And how exactly is this different from a building or a house guarded by a couple of locks full of NFA weapons, ammo and suppressors? One might be harder to break into and commit a theft than the other, but in the end, theft is theft no matter how hard it was. Do you live in Fort Knox? If so I guess you and all the other security experts on here can take us to school about how you have never had anything broken into, stolen or vandalized.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not saying it was adequate (clearly it was not), just posting it in response to the accusatory tone in the "how do you know what security measures were in place?" question. Andrew has stated publicly how the trailer was secured. Also worth noting that the thieves did not go through the side of the trailer. It was intact and re-locked when found*.

*Information gathered from news reports and photos, not first hand knowledge.
    yeah I know man. I was just commenting on the quote you posted

Top Bottom