• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hfdcowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Wow a lot of victim and Profire bashing here. Andrew and crew have been awesome to me and many others on this forum. He and his staff are the victims. To say he could have things better is very typical of the corrupt media but I would not expect it from his fellow brothers here on the forum. Today I am ashamed to be a member here.

Andrew I feel terrible for this happening to you and especially during your trip. I hope all gets resolved and they recover your lost merchandise. Try to enjoy whats left of your vacation, and don't let the people who walk on water get ya down.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Unless it has changed since the last time I had a full auto rentals, that isn't exactly true. The guy that brought us the MP5SD stayed with us for about a minute after he saw we knew what we were doing with the gun and that we were paying attention to safety. The guy that brought us the G36 stayed with us for a bit talking about how much he liked that gun and how he was impressed with our control. They weren't extremely busy either of those occasions so it wasn't like someone couldn't have stayed back in the room off the range or on the range with us.
    As an aside how long ago was this? Last time I was there the only auto firearm they had available was an M4.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I wouldn't be too surprised if the ATF revoke his FFL. I have to agree with those that are calling irresponsibility, yes Andrew is a good guy, but that doesn't change the circumstances. He or his employees left a trailer full of machine guns and ammo out for the taking. Like all of us, lets hope they find these weapons quickly.

hfdcowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I would love to hear some of these fellow members here doing all the bashing tell me they have never left a firearm less than secured aka in a car locked while at a job, airport, on the boat etc. Bottom line we have all let our guard down before. My point is he could probably use our support more than our judgment. Well I guess some cant wait to brag about how perfect they are. :rolleyes:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Can't we have one thread that DOES NOT involve institutional shower love?

DADDY-SOAP-ON-A-ROPE-GREEN.jpg

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Wow, this goes way past "A bad thing". I feel bad for the shop and worse that some serious hardware is on the loose. I hope the firearms are recovered. Whoever stole those items is in for some serious heat.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Kids stealing from pops, sht happens?
    No way

My firearms are locked down, in a bad ass safe, bolted to the ground, followed by the best security one could afford , two property cameras, and two dogs that would love to eat your face off if you
    Came into the house with out me. Isnt the best or strongest but better than what we seen here.

Even if you have a floor-bolted Liberty, a group of guys can get the whole thing (with a few pieces of the floor if necessary) onto their semi and move it if they so desire. and they have ways of dealing with your dogs.

Security if a deterrent, a delay tactic, and hopefully gives someone reason to go elsewhere. It isn't foolproof. We can guess all day long, but we don't know what would have made the difference.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I know what you're saying but blaming the victim is always the easy solution.

People use cars as a battering ram to break into buildings to steal guns.Nothing is really secure....

#1 "Don't blame the victim"- does that mean a victim could never do something to make a crime less likely? Baloney.
    #2 The question is not whether criminals could have, in some hypothetical situation commit the crime regardless, the question is whether, in a real situation, whether the victim took reasonable steps to prevent the crime. Did they here? Darned if I know.
    #3 The fact that a victim could have done something reasonable to prevent a crime does make the criminal any less culpable.
    #4 Almost every bad thing that happens: theft, attack, car accident, etc., has multiple causes.

I don't know what the case is here, but if a crime is preventable, we shouldn't just gloss over it by saying "don't blame the victim."

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think the issue boils down to the fact that bad guys know that gun shops have guns... so they probably watch the gun shops to see if they make any slip-ups. Profire slipped up by leaving these guns unguarded, and someone took advantage of that.

Not Profire's fault that bad guys are bad. Means, motive and opportunity are usually just means and motive out looking for an opportunity.

Note to self. whenever a quarter-mil is in a trailer of mine, I'm sleeping in the trailer.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    As an aside how long ago was this? Last time I was there the only auto firearm they had available was an M4.

Been a couple years but their selection was pretty nice. I believe just about everything listed on the website was available both times (a few weren't because they said they were going to do some maintenance and thorough cleanings they hadn't gotten to quite yet). If the selection has been reduced down to a minimum, that'll suck. I was really hoping to get some time behind the M249 and the FN FAL.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I would love to hear some of these fellow members here doing all the bashing tell me they have never left a firearm less than secured aka in a car locked while at a job, airport, on the boat etc. Bottom line we have all let our guard down before. My point is he could probably use our support more than our judgment. Well I guess some cant wait to brag about how perfect they are. :rolleyes:

I take ALL of mine with me at all times. It is quite cumbersome but it is worth the piece of mind. I have mastered the 12 holster look while carrying 20+ long guns. I buy my clothes from a tent shop so I can CC and not worry much about printing.

Seriously though, I'm deathly afraid of firearms.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Been a couple years but their selection was pretty nice. I believe just about everything listed on the website was available both times (a few weren't because they said they were going to do some maintenance and thorough cleanings they hadn't gotten to quite yet). If the selection has been reduced down to a minimum, that'll suck. I was really hoping to get some time behind the M249 and the FN FAL.
    I know that they still advertise the same selection, perhaps you have to arrange the more exotic firearms in advance. I got to fire the P90 and loved every second of it

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Unless it has changed since the last time I had a full auto rentals, that isn't exactly true. The guy that brought us the MP5SD stayed with us for about a minute after he saw we knew what we were doing with the gun and that we were paying attention to safety. The guy that brought us the G36 stayed with us for a bit talking about how much he liked that gun and how he was impressed with our control. They weren't extremely busy either of those occasions so it wasn't like someone couldn't have stayed back in the room off the range or on the range with us.

I am a VIP member at Midwest Gun and Range. I shoot there at least once a week and I have never in the last two years witnessed anybody allowed to be unsupervised with a full auto rental. They always have an employee with the weapon.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I wouldn't doubt that customer owned cans were in the tariler. Most shops will let the customer shoot the can while it's in jail if the shop has its own range or the shop is going to a range day event.

they have this thing which they take these items to the range so the owners-awaiting-approval can use them under supervision.

I personally don't like the idea of my jailed cans leaving the SOT's safe, but I do see the point of relief some of the owners itch. and lot people do like that.

Ach, I hadn't even thought of that. I'm looking into an OSS can, and the thought of it being swiped while in form 4 limbo... ugh.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I can't be sure but I think maybe they found one of these guns laying in 86th street(?) today......fully loaded and apparently thrown from a vehicle. IMPD now has it...

I can find no record of any "found gun" runs, nor any reports detailing the recovery of one of Andrew's stolen firearms. Where did you come up with this info?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I have to ask this, gun stores are not making a killing nowadays, a small operation like ProFire, will it even survive such a big loss overnight?

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    The reason people are being harsh is that this theft is "shocking" - even in the firearms community. Most of us don't own even one machine gun...let alone multiples. We can't fathom leaving what would be the prize of our collection unsupervised. I've read this entire thread and tried to not be judgmental.

I sincerely hope that one of these firearms are not used in another crime. The news states "these guns could fall in the hands of criminals". They already are in the hands of criminals. Whomever stole them committed a crime.

The person or persons who stole these will likely be caught. I imagine it's quite difficult to keep your buddies new SAW or MP5 a secret. Someone will talk eventually - hell there's a very good chance somebody witnessed the trailer being heisted.

The general public are scrutinizing the owners over their storage practices. Admittedly I'm not a fan of where they left the trailer parked overnight. That said, I do not blame them for the theft. I hope the firearms are recovered, they identify and catch suspects, and that nothing worse comes of this. If one of those automatics are used in a murder, the Natl. media will have a hayday with this story.

Top Bottom