• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    How much do you guys leave in your house unattended for hours on end? How many of you have neighbors that would even bother to think something was wrong if say a Rent-A-Center or Delivery truck of any type was pulled up to your garage for 30 to 45 minutes? It probably wouldn't take that long if someone knew you, say you have a teenage kid and his friends tell their friends what they saw at your house one night. If someone knew what they were looking for and where it was in your house they could be in and out before anyone noticed. Same thing with this trailer. Give it a rest already, what is done is done and there is no changing it now.

agreed... **** happens. Find the aholes who did it.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    when will Andrew start to contact the owners-to-be of these which had been sold but held up in the NFA jail?

My guess is that these were shop-owned for use in the demo and rent-some-fun traveling thing. Doing that with someone else's can-in-limbo doesn't scan for me.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Kids stealing from pops, sht happens?
    No way

My firearms are locked down, in a bad ass safe, bolted to the ground, followed by the best security one could afford , two property cameras, and two dogs that would love to eat your face off if you
    Came into the house with out me. Isnt the best or strongest but better than what we seen here.

Kids , teenagers stealing out of your house PLEASE, this isnt even in the same friggn ball park, and I only own a handfull, sht I KNOW 98% of us here have very similar precautions.

What they have?

Its been a long time since those were taken, off to Chicago, etc they go I wish they could find them all but.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How much do you guys leave in your house unattended for hours on end? How many of you have neighbors that would even bother to think something was wrong if say a Rent-A-Center or Delivery truck of any type was pulled up to your garage for 30 to 45 minutes? It probably wouldn't take that long if someone knew you, say you have a teenage kid and his friends tell their friends what they saw at your house one night. If someone knew what they were looking for and where it was in your house they could be in and out before anyone noticed. Same thing with this trailer. Give it a rest already, what is done is done and there is no changing it now.

:+1:

Let's not blame the victim.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    When I heard about this Saturday AM at the swap meet, my first response was "too many people knew about the guns". If you are a regular on this forum you probably knew about the shoot, the guns, who owned them, and where they were. If you attended the shoot at ITP, you probably were familiar with the trailer.

Just a thought!

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I agree Trigger Time and It is just sad to hear about this robbery and hope who ever is involved is caught asap.

Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    My guess is that these were shop-owned for use in the demo and rent-some-fun traveling thing. Doing that with someone else's can-in-limbo doesn't scan for me.

I wouldn't doubt that customer owned cans were in the tariler. Most shops will let the customer shoot the can while it's in jail if the shop has its own range or the shop is going to a range day event.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    :+1:

Let's not blame the victim.

Why not? Think about it, they left several hundred thousand dollars of equipment unsecured and unguarded. And if you try to argue that it was secured, then you probably think that a glass front gun cabinet or cheap stackon cabinet is secure too. The items should have been left in the building or at least someone should have been guarding the trailer. You can say s*** happens, but sometimes we bring it on ourselves and then we are shocked when it actually does happen.

I don't know the guys at Profire. I'm sure they are stand up guys. Im sure they are great at customer service. But someone got in a hurry, took some shortcuts, and their irresponsibility resulted in a huge mess.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

they have this thing which they take these items to the range so the owners-awaiting-approval can use them under supervision.

I personally don't like the idea of my jailed cans leaving the SOT's safe, but I do see the point of relief some of the owners itch. and lot people do like that.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I think if Andrew would have had his stored inside the shop in the safe and someone broke in with a mac truck and drove off I think we all would be more sympathic to what happened. However, what happed is someone didn't want to go through the work of moving the guns around and criminals happened to jump on that laziness. I own class II & III items myself and I can assure you I have spared no expense to ensure they are protected with multiple layers of security. Full proof? No, but much better then leaving them sitting in my truck at night in the bad part of town. I'm just blow away by the fact that we are talking about a belt-feed machinegun and other class III items left outside in a trailer! I've shot the SAW before and the ideal of some nut job, or radicalized terrorist, having complete access to one should scare all of us. I've done business with profire in the past, but I won't in the future. This type of irresponsible behavior puts all of us who class II & III rights at risk and the community at large. Also, think of all the man power being expended on this case by the various agencies?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    WOW!!

I work at Midwest gun and range, we have a couple of dozen full auto firearms, (for rent) NONE of them leave the safe without being in the hands, or having an armed employee within arms reach of them AT ALL TIMES!!! and that is in the building!!!

If they leave the range, they go from safe to the location, back to safe, without exception they are ALWAYS monitored!!

I have to say this seems irresponsible.

This gunshop should expect (and rightly so) an uncomfortable and thorough investigation.

Unless it has changed since the last time I had a full auto rentals, that isn't exactly true. The guy that brought us the MP5SD stayed with us for about a minute after he saw we knew what we were doing with the gun and that we were paying attention to safety. The guy that brought us the G36 stayed with us for a bit talking about how much he liked that gun and how he was impressed with our control. They weren't extremely busy either of those occasions so it wasn't like someone couldn't have stayed back in the room off the range or on the range with us.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Why not? Think about it, they left several hundred thousand dollars of equipment unsecured and unguarded. And if you try to argue that it was secured, then you probably think that a glass front gun cabinet or cheap stackon cabinet is secure too. The items should have been left in the building or at least someone should have been guarding the trailer. You can say s*** happens, but sometimes we bring it on ourselves and then we are shocked when it actually does happen.

I don't know the guys at Profire. I'm sure they are stand up guys. Im sure they are great at customer service. But someone got in a hurry, took some shortcuts, and their irresponsibility resulted in a huge mess.

I know what you're saying but blaming the victim is always the easy solution.

People use cars as a battering ram to break into buildings to steal guns.Nothing is really secure.

[video]http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/police-release-video-from-battering-ram-gun-store-break-in-1.2769412[/video]

Im sure you could blame this gun store owner for not having heavy concrete blocks in front of the door and armed security guards at night. :dunno:

Top Bottom