• ...and so much more!
  • PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Desantis nemesis with glock 26 Gen 4.

But im a bigger guy and have large pockets.

I was contemplating moving to the new skinnier 9’s that glock offers, but for the sake of magazine sanity, I’ll just stick with my 26. Plus, its only .1” wider, so I’m not stressed over it.

-edit-
    Also, no matter what, use a damned holster. Or youre gonna end up in that one thread of darwin winners that shot themselves LOL

happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    glock 43 for my front pocket . also have a sig 365 that will fit in the same pocket holster as the 43 . both are fine guns that have never had one issue with either one . the sig has a leg up on the 43 with the larger mag capacity , but either one is good protection .

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Shot the Sig 365 once. Bought one and put up the Solo and G43...haven't looked back. Most all 9mm's are too big to pocket carry, but the Ruger LCP Max has caught my eye as a true pocket gun. Capacity has also been my issue with the pocket guns...they may have addressed that for me with this one.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Shot the Sig 365 once. Bought one and put up the Solo and G43...haven't looked back. Most all 9mm's are too big to pocket carry, but the Ruger LCP Max has caught my eye as a true pocket gun. Capacity has also been my issue with the pocket guns...they may have addressed that for me with this one.
    I pocket carry my 365 too; it's easier with the 10-round mag but I also can get it hidden with the 12-rounder also. I think it just disappears after a few minutes and you don't really know it's there.

But when I have to deep conceal, my new LCP Max is great. I've had it for over 2 weeks now and love it. Here's the current INGO thread for you to check out on the Ruger LCP Max

Both of these pistols with innovative mag capacity improvements are great...but Sig; with their P365, started the "Mag Revolution"

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I was a glock fanatic for two decades and now.... p365 from sig has stolen my heart... for some reason i have 3 of them.
    My previous "pocket" carry was a S&W M&P 340 CT. I went looking at the LGS the other day and was pretty impressed by the 365XL (coyote NRA edition), which came home with me. Haven't shot it yet, but I really liked the size and feel. My only complaint after handling it more was the low profile mag release, but then I realized that this was an effort to prevent inadvertant mag drops. I saw aftermarket release options but I expect to leave it stock.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    My previous "pocket" carry was a S&W M&P 340 CT. I went looking at the LGS the other day and was pretty impressed by the 365XL (coyote NRA edition), which came home with me. Haven't shot it yet, but I really liked the size and feel. My only complaint after handling it more was the low profile mag release, but then I realized that this was an effort to prevent inadvertant mag drops. I saw aftermarket release options but I expect to leave it stock.
    I was having difficulty dropping the mag with the stock release. Went with an ArmoryCraft extended release in a Wilson Combat grip module. No issues with inadvertant mag release and really like the grip module.

84D10B17-B0E4-49CB-98D8-CE9A672A5361.jpeg

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I have pocket carried a Glock 26 for years. It's sizable but I'm 6'6".

The real trick was finding a holster that was thin and worked. The canvas/leather/nylon holsters were puffy and often came out with the gun.

A guy in Alabama makes great kydex holsters that are thin and stay in your pocket while drawing. His company is Aholster.
    Here is a link. I've bought 3 of them over the years.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I know this has been said already, but the Kahr CM9 is a absolutely the best pocket carry gun and one of the lightest. I ordered a holster for it off EBAY for pocket carry, has a hook on it and works perfect. That’s what I carry all summer long when I’m around the house.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I know this has been said already, but the Kahr CM9 is a absolutely the best pocket carry gun and one of the lightest. I ordered a holster for it off EBAY for pocket carry, has a hook on it and works perfect. That’s what I carry all summer long when I’m around the house.
    I have had a dozen Kahr pistols in the past few years & enjoyed the niche position they fill.
    I dearly loved the feel of the CT9 full yet thin grip.
    I have only the CM9 left b/c it fills the bill for when I want the smallest printing gun.
    I can't believe how well it shoots to be so small.

Pic of CM9 (left) & CW9 (right) before deciding to keep smallest.
    Pic comparing CM9 with CW9.jpg

Kahr CM9 at bottom right during Monday's function checks.
    pic of the 5 guns on 4.04.2022.jpg

Kahr CM9 shooting free hand at 5.75" circles at 21' during function checks Monday.
    At 8 o'clock, about an inch off the circle, I did have a flyer. :dunno:
    Range 4.04.2022 Kahr CM9 5.75in circle.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Love my Hellcat.
    Always wanted to try one out but timing just never was right to go after one.
    Last August I picked up a SW MP Shield Plus PC & it fits & shoots so well for me & haven't been interested in any thing else since for a CC.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Always wanted to try one out but timing just never was right to go after one.
    Last August I picked up a SW MP Shield Plus PC & it fits & shoots so well for me & haven't been interested in any thing else since for a CC.
    It's a great little micro, however, like I mentioned in another thread, not a real blast at the range. lol After about 50 rounds, starts to hurt. Anyway, fits in my pocket with no printing at all (I'm a big dude).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It's a great little micro, however, like I mentioned in another thread, not a real blast at the range. lol After about 50 rounds, starts to hurt. Anyway, fits in my pocket with no printing at all (I'm a big dude).
    I have never run through 50 rds at a time, so didn't know it got tiresome to shoot.
    Snubbies get tiresome for me, like today when I put 30 rounds each through a Kimber 6s
    & a Ruger LCR 38.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The most that I’ve put through my Shield Plus at a single time was just under 200 rounds when I first got it. I don’t recall it being unpleasant at all. I’d have to go through my range records to see the max single trip round count for my P938s but I don’t recall either of them being anything but fun at the range.

Now, a PF9 was a PITA from round #1. That was some of the worst gun money ever spent.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The most that I’ve put through my Shield Plus at a single time was just under 200 rounds when I first got it. I don’t recall it being unpleasant at all. I’d have to go through my range records to see the max single trip round count for my P938s but I don’t recall either of them being anything but fun at the range.

Now, a PF9 was a PITA from round #1. That was some of the worst gun money ever spent.
    I can't say enough about my Shield Plus PC.
    It is "perfect" in every way for my needs & wants, totally satisfied with it!

Top Bottom