• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Another vote for the Sig p938 here. Front strong pant pocket. Nothing else rides with it. Thing shoots straight for me. I don't carry a pistol if I can't hit the middle of a target with it at the range. Tried an XDS in .45acp and really liked it. Except, it didn't shoot straight in my hand. Always low left and I quit trying to make it work for me after a couple of years. Only pistol I've struggled to shoot.
    Exact same story here. Had a 45 XDS, couldn't group with it like I wanted.

Bought a 938. Shoots great. Conceals easier than anything else I own. Lots of confidence in this gun too!

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    SA Hell Cat with a TLR-6, 11+1 in the gun, carried in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster in my strong-side front pocket. I carry one of the SA 15 round magazines as a spare.

dan1856

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2017
    Fishers
    Someone else mentioned the Kahr CM9. Great little semi-auto. Good pocket gun. Fits into cargo pants really well too. Not my EDC but in the summer it is easier to carry especially for smaller frame guys.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Everyone has their favorite and their personal preference and it depends on the pocket and size of that pocket to be sure. Agree with dan1856...hard to argue with the Kahr PM/CM 9. Does all I want and more. But more to the point and better still...is the one that you actually CARRY and not leave at home in the sock drawer because its uncomfortable in your pocket! At that point you might as well at least just take along the dang sock filled with pennies! :cool:

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Gotta go with my S&W .45 Shield. But I would have to think that the same gun in a 9mm would work just as well.

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Larry County
    Personally, I like Glock for it's simplicity, ability to shoot any ammo, and 100% reliability. I have a 48, but I would suggest a model 43 if you are looking for pocket carry. Also, get a you couple Shield Arms magazines for the added capacity. Mine run flawlessly.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I tried Pocket carrying just about every 9mm I could. Beretta Nano, Shield, P365, Hellcat. They were all just to bulky and heavy to be comfortable for me. I did try a diamondback DB9 and will admit it was pocketable. But it didn't leave me feeling protected. Went back to Inside the waistband.

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    Still every day carrying my Ruger EC9S in my front pocket, still think the trigger is great and at 20 yards its dead on.
    When its a coat day I usually switch to my PT111 G2 Taurus , it gives me comfort to know I have those extra rounds.

Franc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Fishers, IN
    I went through a few guns and settled on Sig P290RS. By the time I figured this out the gun itself was already out of production. Fortunately I called Plainfield Shooting Supply and they happened to have one trade-in.

I will explain: First I carried S&W 642. Perfect size for the front pocket. With no hammer spur, no possibility of snagging. With D/A trigger, no need for safety. However, the gun is painful to shoot, and not accurate when shooting fast.

Then I got a Walther P99c. 10 rounds capacity -check. DA/SA trigger with de-cocker, no need for safety -check. Shoots like a dream, accurate even while shooting fast -check. Perfect, except it kept showing through, even with a pocket holster that has a rectangular panel cover. Also the back of the slide tend to catch on the top of the pocket while drawing.

So I figure I needed a single stack. I want a gun without manual safety, as I expect myself to forget to push it off in an emergency. So 1911 is out. I prefer a double action as I feel uncomfortable with the knowledge that somewhere inside the gun a striker spring is compressed with enough energy to fire the gun, only being blocked by some thin metal half cylinder that might move away when jolted hard enough. So I found the Sig P290RS. It is everything I asked for. It fits into any pants pocket, and draws snag-free. It has a light polymer frame but a hefty steel upper. The recoil is surprisingly mild, and it shoots like a full sized pistol. It's been several years and it is as comfortable to carry as ever, and comforting as ever ;-)

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    No matter what you select for pocket carry...it's always important to practice with it.
    A smaller sized pistol often handles differently than a full-sized (depending on what you're used to)
    and training with a smaller-sized pistol takes some practice to be efficient or effective with it!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I must wear the wrong pants, lol. I couldn't cram most of these guns into a pocket and the few that I could would be so tight that I wouldn't be able to deploy it fast enough. The bad guy would probably die from laughter watching me trying to retrieve it.

Jacket pocket, sure. But otherwise, it's on my hip in a decent OWB holster.

Top Bottom