• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Okay we already have the Springfield Range Officer in 9MM and love it! Just wanted to know what other 1911s in 9MM some of you own that would come highly recommended ? Just a fun range gun to enjoy, with that being said not really looking for cheap looking for quality. Thanks

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    AFAIR there was another thread on this recently, but... I like the Rock Island Armory Tactical 1911 in 9mm. Full size and compact. Not everyone swears by them, but I haven't had any problems with mine. And they're relatively unpricey.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II in 9mm. Comfortable to carry a pleasure to shoot, very accurate with a great trigger and sights. Best and favorite gun I currently own or have ever owned.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have a Kimber, Fusion and a Springfield 9mm 1911. They all are great guns. I have no real preference. I have had other 9mm Kimbers and even though there is not a big Kimber following on INGO I think they do the 9mm very well.
    Funny thing is the Kimber mags not feed in my other 9mm's very well but run flawless in the Kimber.
    I love my Fusion especially now that it is a suppressor host and The Springfield is a great gun too but it doesn't see as much range time as the other 2.

My favorite :)

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Shoot with a friend who uses a Les Baer, he is happy with it.

Three friends bought limited edition Dan Wesson's (same edition). Very pretty guns but none of them would make it through a match without feed problems and we all got used to the entertainment and the joy of torturing friends with the most expensive guns. One or two of those got sold and they all got fixed though :(.

Sold my trusty STI Trojan 9 a couple months ago. Great gun, just needed a back up 45 more than a 45 and a 9.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    My brother has an STI that I shoot whenever I get the chance. Not sure of the model, Spartan maybe. Anyway, its a great gun!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    How much did that Fusion run you, if you don't mind me asking? I just got my quote this morning, go figure, and it's an unbelievable price for a kit!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    How much did that Fusion run you, if you don't mind me asking? I just got my quote this morning, go figure, and it's an unbelievable price for a kit!

It was a government model I put together from a Fusion kit. I shot the daylights out of it and It was still running good but I needed a suppressor host so I bought a Caspian slide and converted it to a bobtail commander. No real idea of how much money I have in this one

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I bought a Fusion Pro Series Kit and had AllenM build the gun for me. Its a great shooting gun and has seen 5,000+ rounds since being built. There customer service sucked when I bought my Pro Kit. Was quoted $800 and told it would take 4-6 weeks to get the kit. 4 months later it finally showed up. If I had the chance to do it all over again I would buy a Caspian slide and frame and have a gun built from the ground up.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    I have A Kimber Ultra II in 9mm. Easy To carry,accurate, great trigger,
    never had any problems with mal-functions and fun to shoot!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Smith & Wesson SW1911 Pro Series. They got the external extractor right for the 9mm. We have 2 of them and they run 100%.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Anyone knows me knows what I'm going to say.. Try a RI 9MM/22TCM.. 2 barrels, 2 recoil springs, both are great fun to shoot and it's not that pricey.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Springfield EMP 9mm with black/grey G10 grips. It's a fantastic little shooter.
    A few FTE out of the box but Springfield took great care of me and it's been flawless ever since.

1911 EMP® 9MM Handgun | Aluminum Frame Pistols for Sale

This is what I would buy... I know it doesn't exactly fit the bill of what you say you're looking for. And for this reason last time I looked at this thread I didn't respond. But I would say go for one of these all the way! I want one pretty bad myself, but that's just me.

Tp222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Laporte
    I run a springfield armory 9mm loaded with adj target sights for IDPA and PPC and it runs like a dream. I had problems from the start with it jamming but i called them and next dayed it to them and they fixed it and did a action job for my troubles, now it's an amazing shooter.

Top Bottom