• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I have been a revolver guy but thinking about buying a 9mm for a good while now. I have an acquaintance (not really friends but have known for a long time) that has a Beretta 92FS INOX (USA).

The gun is used but looks new. I couldn't find a handling mark anywhere. The 2 mags look like they have never been inserted in the gun.

I know the 92FS is not the newest style 9mm and it is a little bulky (which is the only reason I have not to buy one) I still want one as much as any other gun.

I think I can buy the gun around $500. Is that a fair price?

My question is he only has a "box" and not a case. Is that the way they came? I know M9's came in a box and wasn't sure if that was a US made thing?

Thanks

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I wouldnt call it a steal! For a used 92 its a good buy. Great handgun with a proven track record.

The trigger takes some getting used to but thats part of the fun for me.
    Mine came with a box and a case.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    92FS in Inox do not lose value, so $500 for one is a steal! Even more of a steal if it is one with all silver controls.

Missing the case is no big deal as Beretta USA has them on their website every now and then, and Ebay has them almost always. They are not that expensive if you want one.

If I was to come across a 92FS Inox for $500 I would probably hurt myself getting the money out.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    That is actually a typical price for a nice bruniton pistol. I think only the Italian ones had the inox controls. You should buy it. It is a very smooth shooting and balanced pistol. Also, extra mags are plentiful and cheap (the black ones).

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That is actually a typical price for a nice bruniton pistol. I think only the Italian ones had the inox controls. You should buy it. It is a very smooth shooting and balanced pistol. Also, extra mags are plentiful and cheap (the black ones).

For what it's worth, the Italian Inox only came with silver controls, the USA model came either way depending on year of production.

westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I talked to him again and it does have the blue case plus the cardboard box. He said the cardboard box wasn't in the greatest shape and that was all i caught of the conversation.

The only issue the mags are 10 rounds ones. I wish they were larger but not a deal breaker.

Where does one buy the good 15+ used ones and what is a decent price?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I talked to him again and it does have the blue case plus the cardboard box. He said the cardboard box wasn't in the greatest shape and that was all i caught of the conversation.

The only issue the mags are 10 rounds ones. I wish they were larger but not a deal breaker.

I'd just google it. Its a gun used in the military...should be pretty plentiful but I don't own one so can't be sure.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

The 10 round mags date it to the clinton stupidity era, 1994 thru 2004. When buying mags, do not try to save money with cheap mags. Beretta factory mags, marked "PB CAL 9 PARA MADE IN ITALY" or USA are pretty much guaranteed to work. Only if they are very well used can you have problems with the follower not locking the slide back on the last round, but new spring or follower are easy fixes.

Also MDS made Beretta factory mags, so if you find MDS mags at a good price, feel confident to use them. I actually have one marked almost exactly like the Beretta "factory" being stamped "MDS CAL 9 PARA MADE IN ITALY". Mec-gar are also high quality mags, and they in fact did make some Beretta "factory" mags for a time.

Some of the military marked mags are ok, but some were designed to meet the government idea on how to safe money, and that is why the Beretta got a bad rap at the start of the desert wars. Once they got proper mags, the 92s worked as flawlessly as they were designed. Due to the easy availability of factory mags, I just steer away from "military" mags, but won't say there aren't any good ones out there, there are.

15 round factory marked mags are generally around $25 with the MDS and Mec-gar about half that, which is strange as they are virtually the exact same mags! CDNN usually has good prices on factory mags, and every now and them Beretta sells them very reasonably on their USA website.

PS, if you want to date the pistol, go here for USA models, Italian ones are date stamped on the pistol.

http://www.berettasupport.com/applications/tech_data/schematics_search_new.htm

westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Finally had a chance to go and see the Beretta 92FS INOX. If the gun has been shot I cant tell it. Final price was just south of the $500. It is USA made with all stainless controls. It might be my imagination but it seems to fit my hand just a wee bit better than I remember other 92's fitting. Serial number search said 1998. Of course I bought it.

92fs inox b.JPG

First time posting pic, I dont know it will turn out.

And thanks INGO for the help and advice.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Final price was just south of $500 for an all silver 92FS Inox! Congratulations, you just made my official "I hate you" list!

Seriously, that is a fantastic price for a 92FS Inox as these days the Inox seems to be commanding a premium over the standard Bruniton (black) version. Cograts on a truly great buy!!!

ENJOY!!!

Top Bottom