9/1. How's about making it "Carry a 1911 day" in memory of Churchmouse?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    This is the first I have been on this since Wednesday to find out that CM has passed. I yelled so loud when I read it my wife asked me "what was wrong."

I hurt from loosing him but solely by coincidence I was shooting my 1911 that day.

This remembrance is such a good idea, if nothing else to keep the new members who join in the future of what a great asset we all had.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is the first I have been on this since Wednesday to find out that CM has passed. I yelled so loud when I read it my wife asked me "what was wrong."

I hurt from loosing him but solely by coincidence I was shooting my 1911 that day.

This remembrance is such a good idea, if nothing else to keep the new members who join in the future of what a great asset we all had.
    Good to see you around here again Mongo, wish it was under better circumstances.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    The only 1911 I own belonged to my dad and he carried it overseas. Because of it's special sentimental value, I never carry it, but it does see range time.

So in CM's honor, it'll sit next to me at my home desk while I work today... and accompany me on my next range trip.

1943 manufacture Remington Rand:
    Still hoping for a Springfield Garrison Stainless prior the to 1st Anniversary... but if not, I'll have this, though still looking for an appropriate leather holster:

1686941472162.png

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Found the thread, made the thread a sticky, bumped the thread.

We have a lot of new folks here at INGO, so here is the 411:

Last August we lost (to cancer) long-time Moderator and INGO's most prolific poster, Churchmouse. CM was a good friend to many of us here at INGO. He was a 1911 guy to say the least.

The senior staff member after Churchmouse passed on was Bigtanker. He started this thread and the "carry a 1911 on 9/1" tradition in memory of Churchmouse, who we lost the day before.

On 9 January 2023, we lost Bigtanker in an accident involving two tractor-trailers on a highway in Michigan. I met BT once, he was carrying a 1911.

Friday 1 September will be here before we know it. I'll be carrying my CMP 1911 that day.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Last August we lost (to cancer) long-time Moderator and INGO's most prolific poster, Churchmouse. CM was a good friend to many of us here at INGO. He was a 1911 guy to say the least.

The senior staff member after Churchmouse passed on was Bigtanker. He started this thread and the "carry a 1911 on 9/1" tradition in memory of Churchmouse, who we lost the day before.

On 9 January 2023, we lost Bigtanker in an accident involving two tractor-trailers on a highway in Michigan. I met BT once, he was carrying a 1911.

Friday 1 September will be here before we know it. I'll be carrying my CMP 1911 that day.

Great idea to revitalize this, Sarge ! :thumbsup:
    I'll employ my 1911 that CM worked on.
    1691458454534.png

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

I have one every day ... and I think of Tim when I do.

Top Bottom