• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    I was having trouble finding 762x54r for what ever reason but got it delivered for $113.00 from Cheaper than Dirt. Beats spending my gas money looking. Anyway whats with the shortage on surplus ammo?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Last x54r surplus I bought was under $100/case and there was a lot more variety. Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Yugo, etc etc. Light and heavy ball. Bought enough that the shed I was storing it in is now a root cellar.

As far as why there is a shortage, the sanctions put in place by Obama are at least partially to blame. Been some panic buying (imagine that) and all Form 6s for Russian made arms and ammo are on hold while ATF figures out what is importable and what isn't.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's been about 2 years since I bought any online, but I got some from Sportsmans Guide $220 for 2 cans shipped. The price the OP paid doesn't seem that out of line for online prices.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    I received the can and they said it did not come with a can opener but there was one setting on top when I opened the box. Now I just need a couple spam cans of CCI mini Mags for my 22lr.

Top Bottom