70% increase in income = 150% increase in taxes?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Except they cost more in the long run. And I haven't gotten any tax benefits related to them in some time.
    My wife being a teacher for over 20 years has seen people that keep consistently popping one out ever 3-4 years for the tax bennies and DON'T take care of them. Not saying that is you at all, but it happens enough its infuriating

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Yes!! Wife and I just did the taxes and got hit with an eye popping tax bill, over $10,000 increase!!
    Paid off the house last year with some savings and it pushed us 2 tax brackets higher. Used some savings to do it and they counted it as income.

Don

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes!! Wife and I just did the taxes and got hit with an eye popping tax bill, over $10,000 increase!!
    Paid off the house last year with some savings and it pushed us 2 tax brackets higher. Used some savings to do it and they counted it as income.

Don
    Unless you pulled out of a tax free investment account like a 401k, have an accountant or tax advisor review that. That sounds shady.

If you pulled the cash out of a savings account you contributed to from your paycheck, that sounds like double dipping.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Don
    Cash out stocks or something else?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Unless you pulled out of a tax free investment account like a 401k, have an accountant or tax advisor review that. That sounds shady.

If you pulled the cash out of a savings account you contributed to from your paycheck, that sounds like double dipping.
    Brokerage account selling stocks that have gains could also cause that kind of a hit.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    If it were me, I'd get rid of withholding altogether. I want everyone to be as miserable as me 4 times a year.

This was a new world to me when I joined my present firm 8.5 years ago. It is organized differently from the old place.

Sure did make the pain of taxes more real when they pay you all of "your money", but then you have to write checks for estimated taxes 4 times a year and then file a return in April like everyone else hoping the estimates were somewhere near correct.
    fj6w4ypxfja31.jpg

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Welcome to our unfair "graduated" tax system. Dare to be successful? Prepare to be robbed blind by the government. :(

The only fair tax is a flat tax, but that'll never happen. It's in the government's interest to play people against each other and keep everyone fighting everyone else to secure "their" interests. A tax that treated everyone the same would actually expose the corruption and absolute waste of money that our government perpetuates.

Top Bottom