• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How many gallons of milk does someone go through that the price doubling makes or breaks your budget?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    How many gallons of milk does someone go through that the price doubling makes or breaks your budget?

If you add the effect of all these subsidies up I guaruntee you its screwing over alot of people including you and me.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you add the effect of all these subsidies up I guaruntee you its screwing over alot of people including you and me.

I'm sure it is. But I pay that whether I buy milk or not. If the free market were allowed to work, those who use milk would be made to pay the cost of producing it.

I easily go through a gallon a day. It is my soda, setting aside cooking, cereals etc.

I don't drink a gallon of milk in a year. I rarely eat cereal. A gallon of milk usually goes bad in my house before its gone. Even a gallon a day at an increased cost of $4 per gallon is under $30 a week. Water is free.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Is there just something about ....

..... falling-dominoe theory that you don't see and understand? Where is the end? With over 60,000,000 citizens on food-stamps, and the F.S. Program about to go belly up, where do you think prices are going? ADDED: Dunham's has Mosin-Nagant ammo @ 440rds / $90, until close on the 25th. Sniper-preparedness ideas.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Let's do the same, "YOU want it, YOU pay for it" ....

... with Elmo, Sesame Street, National Pubic Radio, PBS ("Thank You", my a$$) et al! Too much subsidy of Liberal agenda and propaganda at MY expense. Same with Øbama cell-phones. If you want it, then YOU pay for it!
    I'm sure it is. But I pay that whether I buy milk or not. If the free market were allowed to work, those who use milk would be made to pay the cost of producing it.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

You mean people would have to pay for thier own ****?

reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Our government has failed us on so many levels. This is just anohter example of their failure.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    Milk would likely be cheaper without government interference at all.
    The current price of milk is propped up by .gov

.gov interference is mostly bad news for common folk.

I have heard a similar reference in regard to milk being cheaper.

What I have heard is that if the gov. didn't subsidize cheese and stockpile it,
    [I don't know if they still do the above]
    that Dairy products, being perishable, would mostly be thrown away.
    US Dairies produce more milk than the world can consume.
    Dairy products such as cheese, milk and butter would be unable to demand a price
    that makes production worth while.
    Dairies go out of business, more unemployed.
    Those are the facts as I understand them.

US agriculture has been a mess for a while.

Top Bottom