• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    i ought that site seemed pretty scammy. Seemed odd since you can order brass directly from starline that there would be a reseller that only sells their brass…

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    What kind of rifling does it have in it? Alex Henry rifling is a sight to behold!

how does the peep sight come up? Just hook a thumbnail under it and flip it up? I assume it’s non adjustable?

i thought I saw an adjustring screw on the front trigger, is it a single set trigger? Are both triggers set trigger?

are you looking to shoot a smokeless load though it or black? Is it nitro proofed?

looking forward to more pics

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    What kind of rifling does it have in it? Alex Henry rifling is a sight to behold!

how does the peep sight come up? Just hook a thumbnail under it and flip it up? I assume it’s non adjustable?

i thought I saw an adjustring screw on the front trigger, is it a single set trigger? Are both triggers set trigger?

are you looking to shoot a smokeless load though it or black? Is it nitro proofed?

looking forward to more pics
    1 - not sure but it looks much nicer than my meager attempt at picturing it.

2 - flip it up with fingernail and it does not adjust.

3 - both triggers adjust, front for right barrel back for left.

4 - I'm pretty sure this is black powder only but I could be wrong. The proofs are a G under crown, a U under crown and an Eagle with a number I couldn't read on both chambers and the number 42. The left barrel has the number 605, the letters RS plus another crest of some sort while both barrels have another G under crown.

20231210_145641.jpg 20231210_145658.jpg

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Howdy, Just picked up a double rifle in auction and I need to figure out how to feed it. It's late 1800's and has a bullet mold. At the least I need brass. I'll post pics when it gets delivered. Until then... https://www.bonhams.com/auction/29389/lot/1017/joseph-siegel-sidelock-double-rifle/

It's an African safari double chambered in an iconic American buffalo cartridge.
    If you call the store tomorrow and remind me, I'll look and see if I still have a bag of .50-90 brass. I don't remember if I sold it or not.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    On further observation the Eagle crest seems to have a 0 in the center. None of them seem to make sense from what I can find as they would date it from the 1950's and that's just silly.

Top Bottom