• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Don't forget swollen legs.

Also review the signs of immediate heart attack.

Chest discomfort
    Upper body discomfort
    Unexplained pain in one or both arms, neck, jaw, back, or stomach
    Shortness of breath
    Sweating, nausea, light-headedness

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Good reminder.

I too often see patients in critical condition due to a heart problem because they discounted the signs and symptoms, as something else, for several hours/days/weeks.

If you experience any of those signs and symptoms then seek immediate medical attention, especially if you have high risk factors (age,sex,medical hx, etc).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    megan-fox.jpg

It is my understanding that Megan Fox causes most heart conditions.:laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My father had none of those problems but turned grey. The nerve into the heart had twisted thus causing the heart to operate at 1/3 capacity.

One operation was all it took to correct the problem. Apparently the surgeon and head nurse played cat's cradle with his nerve endings and put it back good as new. Here's a video from the operating room:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfdtbwLykn4

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    1, 3, and 4 for me.

Bad thing is anxiety can do a lot of the same things. That's why u need to get checked.

Swelling, vomiting, sharp pains, gasping, paleness, slurred speech, general feeling of drunkeness.....eventually u typically collapse.

Worst part that I had is what felt like muscle soreness in the backside of my shoulders. Not sure if it was ever related, but still get that from time to time.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Hey! I have all of those!

In my case they never did figure out why, but my heart is fine.

Advise bears repeating though, if you show those signs get yourself checked out. In my case it turned out to be nothing but im glad I got checked.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Tue before last I started having chest pains. Wasn't exerting or anything. Felt just like it did 10+ yrs ago when I had heart attack. I spaced out 3 NitroTabs like they say to do and the pain didn't go away. I had my nephew drive me 10 mi to the hosp. They kept me 2 days and gave me every test known to man and beast. The pain subsided during my stay. The ER rent-a-doc and my family doc consulted my cardio guy and concluded it was just angina. It may have been "just angina" to them but it was a pretty big deal to me.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I might add ask for second opinions.:yesway:

My father who is 80 was going out to eat with my sister in from Portland, OR this past spring suddenly felt hot, broke out into a cold sweat and felt light headed. They rushed him to the hospital, and found nothing wrong. Two days later he passed a stress test with no problems. That was Tuesday, Thursday morning my other sister calls me and can't get ahold of him after he called on his cell phone. He had been taken to Methodist and needed 3 stints put in.:n00b:

Again, if your having problems get to the hospital, and ask for second opinions! Things can be missed the first time around.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I know this isn't a joking matter, but I have to share this one pointer with you guys. If you are being checked out and you have a EKG monitor on, don't let your wife catch you looking at the pretty nurse, because EKG monitor's don't lie when your heart starts racing. Just ask my hubby about his little trip to the ER for chest pains on my birthday no less. :D

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    LOL, no they don't. Ahem, BTDT. But I wasn't touching or even thought about touching. We are human, too.:):

And I didn't take that as a joke necessarily, just a mood lightener. Don't we always hear laughter is the best medicine, anyways?

Top Bottom