• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scattergun7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Fireball168, Madmax told me you might have a set of 458 SOCOM dies for sale. I am definitely interested. I purchased a RR 458 this fall for deer hunting and the cost of the ammo is killing me.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Dillon recommends the Hornady dies. I have also seen dies from Lee and CH. I haven't started reloading for the SOCOM yet but I've been doing a lot of research.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    I received a set of the Lee dies a few weeks ago as the Hornady's were out of stock.

It was all a customer could procure at the time, and he was hot (and procrastinating) to go hunting.

I ran a couple of pieces of brass through them, other than the interior finish scratching up the cases some - the sizing die wasn't undersized like most used to be.

I chucked it up and polished the interior dimensions and gave it a bit of a bevel at the base, works pretty good now - for a Lee sizing die.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I stricktly buy RCBS carbide dies. Great dies and not all that expensive. As far as I am concerned Lee is crap 1+ to fireball. Midway seems to be the place to beat on prices.

But by all mean support local businesses, I just don't have any worth giving my money to where I live.

boyscout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I bought my dies at Midwest USA. I bought Redding for $77. I heard about the Lee dies, they were out of Hornady for ~$70. So for a few dollars more I bought the best. I too cannot afford the price of .458 SOCOM without reloading.

boyscout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I bought Lil Gun powder at Gander Mountain for ~$29/pound. That's a lot cheaper than buying it on line and paying all the fees. They carry a pretty good supply of RCBS products. Gander should have H 110 and some of the other powders listed in load data I've seen on the internet. I will support the little guy as long as the price doesn't get out of hand. A great place to buy powder and bullets is at gunshows, especially the 1500 shows.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I bought Lil Gun powder at Gander Mountain for ~$29/pound. That's a lot cheaper than buying it on line and paying all the fees. They carry a pretty good supply of RCBS products. Gander should have H 110 and some of the other powders listed in load data I've seen on the internet. I will support the little guy as long as the price doesn't get out of hand. A great place to buy powder and bullets is at gunshows, especially the 1500 shows.

I think Dave's Gun Shop near Holland, IN has it for $23/ pound.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN

should of checked out 21st century firearms they lil gun for $ 19.95 end of year special

Top Bottom