• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Just to clarify - it's spelled Ponsness Warren.

I would recommend you restrict your search to a MEC, and further still, to the MEC single stage model or if you want a progressive get the Grabber model. The .410 hull presents unique reloading challenges due to the small shell tolerances. The hull has a tendency to wobble on the plate and the wads will sometimes want to back out on the upstroke of the press. This can cause shot spillage. There are some .410 MECs on eBay if you want to get an idea of market prices for new and used. There aren't a lot of folks that load the .410 - mostly skeet and sporting clays shooters - so used reloaders don't often come on the market. If you plan to only hunt with the .410 and aren't going to be shooting a few hundred rounds a month you might want to just buy new shells and sell the once fired empty hulls. Keep in mind the Winchester AA and Remington STS hulls are the only ones that really have any resale value and are worth approximately $.15 each plus shipping.

I'm not trying to talk you out of purchasing a .410 reloader as there is considerable saving to be had over shooting factory shells, especially if you're shooting a lot. However, there are some quirks that you don't experience with larger hulls. Just remember - "Slow is smooth and smooth is fast."

If you wanna see a MEC grabber in action let me know. I live in Boone County.

Top Bottom