Sellersburg, IN 47172
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​
    Sgt. Carey Huls
    Public Information Officer
    812-569-5242
    DATE: April 17, 2022​
    ISP Requests Public’s Assistance in Death Investigation of Child
    Washington County - The Indiana State Police in Sellersburg are requesting the public's assistance in a death investigation that began on Saturday, April 16, 2022.
    Around 7:30 Saturday evening, while mushroom hunting, an area resident found the body of a black male child near a roadway in a heavily wooded area of eastern Washington County. The resident immediately called 911 and the Washington County Sheriff's Department responded. Detectives with the Indiana State Police in Sellersburg were then called to investigate.
    At this time in the investigation, detectives need the public's help in identifying the child. He is described as being a young, black male between the ages of five years old and eight years old. The child is approximately four feet tall and has a slim build and a short haircut. Investigators believe the child's death occurred sometime within the last week.
    Investigators have not released a time or cause of death as an autopsy is pending.
    If anyone has information that could help in the identification of this child, please call Detective Matt Busick with the Indiana State Police in Sellersburg at 1-812-248-4374 or 1-800-872-6743.
    -30-​
    HULS​

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    WTH! Has there not been a missing persons report or any kind of recent Amber alert that has been issued for this poor kid. 5-8 yrs old! Really sad, makes me sick thinking about it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

ISP Continues to ask for Public’s Help in Identification of Deceased Child​

Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 04/19/2022 05:22 PM EDT
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.​
    State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    SELLERSBURG DISTRICT
    8014 Highway 311
    Sellersburg, IN 47172
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​
    Sgt. Carey Huls
    Public Information Officer
    812-569-5242
    DATE: April 19, 2022​
    ISP Continues to ask for Public’s Help in Identification of Deceased Child
    Sellersburg – April 19, 2022: Detectives with the Indiana State Police continue to ask for the public’s help in identifying a deceased child located in rural Washington County on Saturday.
    A toll-free tip line was established on Monday, and Investigators have received approximately 200 calls from the public. Unfortunately, none of those calls have led to the identification of the deceased child. Many of those calls related to information of children already documented as missing. Investigators are thankful for all the tips that are coming in but ask that the public does not send information on children already documented as missing at this time. Investigators say those cases are already being looked in to.
    An autopsy was conducted on Tuesday; however, no information as to the cause of death was determined. Results of the toxicology report are still pending, and investigators are hopeful that information will shed more light on the cause of death.
    Based on information provided by the autopsy, Investigators believe the child is approximately 5 years old. He is described as a black male, approximately four feet tall, with a slender build and short haircut.
    Investigators are now releasing the location where the child was located as the 7000 block of East Holder Road in Washington County. Tragically, the child was located inside a closed hard case suitcase. The suitcase has a distinctive Las Vegas design on its front and back and a photo is attached to this news release. Investigators hope this image will lead to more specific tips and the identification of the child.
    Anyone with information is asked to call the toll-free number established for this case: 1-888-437-6432.

**Media Note**
    Photo of suitcase attached

-30-​

HULS​

State Police section divider

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    this additional detail literally makes me sick to my stomach. And that is hard to do. Wow.
    I agree. Up until I saw that, I thought maybe he was abducted or wandered off. This definitely makes you think it was someone who was supposed to love and take care of him.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Washington County is a big county, this is in the middle of nowhere even by my standards. Not far from I-65 and Indiana 60. Indiana 160 runs between Salem and Henryville (country road with a stripe, think Indiana 39 between Martinsville and Monrovia.)

I can't imagine someone doing this.

Fox 59 mentioned East Holder Road this AM. 160 is north of the dot, keep in mind the Bunker Hill on the map is a church.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I agree. Up until I saw that, I thought maybe he was abducted or wandered off. This definitely makes you think it was someone who was supposed to love and take care of him.

Haven't released cause yet but I would bet it's going to be blunt trauma.
    "Someone" from Louisville killed him, bundled him up in the middle of the night and took him to the middle of nowhere, according to their perception, and dumped him.
    Single mom or boyfriend of mom. Probably has other kids who are wondering where their brother is.
    "It was an accident."

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Haven't released cause yet but I would bet it's going to be blunt trauma.
    "Someone" from Louisville killed him, bundled him up in the middle of the night and took him to the middle of nowhere, according to their perception, and dumped him.
    Single mom or boyfriend of mom. Probably has other kids who are wondering where their brother is.
    "It was an accident."
    That's the middle of nowhere by my perception and I grew up in Washington County. I was looking at the the proximity to I-65 and SR 60. With satellite maps it's not hard to come in from 65 at the Henryville exit and not have to double back to 65.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Perhaps the child isn't from Indiana, thus no previous missing persons report?? Hard to imagine the death was an accident given he was loaded in a suitcase and dumped. Somebody is aware of a missing child. Preacher, teacher, school friends, aunts/uncles, somewhere he is missed. Very sad.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's the middle of nowhere by my perception and I grew up in Washington County. I was looking at the the proximity to I-65 and SR 60. With satellite maps it's not hard to come in from 65 at the Henryville exit and not have to double back to 65.

The woods in a rural area is probably the worst place to dump a body and someone from a large city wouldn’t realize that.
    It’s going to be crawling with hunters, outdoors men etc.
    And a bright colored object is going to attract attention from far away.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ..."Someone" from Louisville killed him, bundled him up in the middle of the night and took him to the middle of nowhere, according to their perception, and dumped him.
    "It was an accident."

This was my thought also. The boy came from Louisville? City people think they drive into the country and no one will find the body for years, if not forever. That's how it works on TV shows, right? I chuckle every time I see "in the country" body hiding on shows.

Reminds me of the Franklin Walmart girl that was abducted and murdered years back. The murderers thought they took the body to the "middle of nowhere," When it was actually in our backyard stomping grounds.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom